Program Analyst, GS-343-9/11
Vacancy ID: 797992 Announcement Number: MG-2012-T0031-TNT-797992DEU USAJOBS Control Number: 332499800Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Please indicate your eligibility to apply under Merit Promotion Procedures.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status or reinstatement eligibility or are eligible under an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing time-in-grade (52 weeks at the next lower grade).
B. I am a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. If you are a current career or career-conditional employee without time-in-grade you will not be considered under this authority. You must provide official documentation documenting your military service such as a DD-214 or statement of service.
C. I am a current or former displaced Federal employee in the local commuting area. To be considered you must be rated at or above the well qualified rating criteria for this position. You must submit supporting documentation such as a copy of your separation personnel action (SF-50) and a copy of your reduction in force letter.
D. None of the above. I am not eligible under Merit Promotion Procedures.
2. Please indicate your eligibility to apply non-competitively.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or am eligible under an interchange agreement. You are encouraged to submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
B. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for persons with disabilities such as Schedule A. You must provide a copy of your certification from state Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
C. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. You must provide a copy of your DD-214 and VA letter
D. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for returning Peace Corps volunteers. You are encouraged to provide your Peace Corps documentation.
E. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for military spouses. My active duty military spouse: (1) received a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move; (2) has a 100% disability rating; or (3) died while on active duty. You must provide a copy of the appropriate PCS orders, documentation of your spouse's disability, or documentation of your spouse's death and your marital status at time of death, as appropriate.
F. I am eligible for a Veterans Recruitment Appointment based on the fact that I am (1) a disabled veteran; (2) a veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; (3) a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces Service Medal was awarded; or (4) a recently separated veteran (for position GS-11 and below). You are encouraged to provide documentation documenting your service, such as a DD-214 or statement of service. If you are eligible as a disabled vet, you must provide a copy of your DD 214 and VA letter
G. None of the above. I am not eligible to be appointed non-competitively.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
3. Please select the response that best reflects your qualifications for the Program Analyst, GS-343-09 position?A. One full year of specialized experience. Specialized experience is experience in performing comprehensive legal/legislative research of policy issues and significant experience in reviewing and drafting legal or policy documents for compliance with laws and regulations.
B. Successfully completed one full year of graduate level education, that has provided you with the knowledge, skills and ability of this position.
C. A master's or equivalent degree or two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LLB or JD, if related.
D. A combination of the education and experience described above.
E. I do not have the experience or education listed above.
4. Please select the response that best reflects your qualifications for the Program Analyst, GS-343-11 position?A. One full year of specialized experience Specialized experience is experience in performing comprehensive legal/legislative research of policy issues and significant experience in reviewing and drafting legal or policy documents for compliance with laws and regulations. Must also have significant experience in making recommendations for policy revisions to enhance operations or program efficacy while maintaining compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
B. Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, if related
C. LL.M., if related
D. I do not have the experience or education listed above.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
5. Tracks legislation to ensure compliance with governing laws.
6. Analyzes legislative and regulatory proposals for financial impacts
7. Monitor federal legislation for impacts on organizational policy.
8. Develops tracking mechanisms to monitor the process of assignments
9. Ensure requirements and deadlines are met through coordinating and tracking.
10. Conducts research in response to changes in legislation, authorities or other guidance.
11. Conducts interviews of key stakeholders and subject-matter experts to understand and document complex processes and ensure compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
12. Facilitates collaboration among key stakeholders and subject-matter experts to ensure policy implementation is feasible across various program offices.
13. Ensures policy drafts include up to date revisions
14. Prepares reports to address policy issues
15. Develops responses to findings in order to ensure compliance
16. Develops briefs, correspondence and reports for senior level review
17. Analyzes policy and provides findings and makes recommendations to ensure cohesive policy development
18. Analyzes policy and implements recommendations
19. Identifies potential risks and issues.