Supervisory Auditor, GS-0511-14
Vacancy ID: 798424 Announcement Number: HHS-ACF-DE-13-798424 USAJOBS Control Number: 332543000Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
Supervisory Auditor, GS-0511-14
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Veteran Preference Claim
Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
Enter/Select the occupational specialty code:
001 U.S. Citizens
110010001 Washington DC, DC
Transition Assistance Plan
1. Read each of the following statements and select the one that best describes your education and/or experience to meet the basic requirement for a Supervisory Auditor, GS-0511-14 grade level.A. I have successfully completed a degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 semester hours may include up to 6 semester hours of credit in business law (Must submit transcripts with your application).
B. I have a combination of education and experience--at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following: (A) Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law; or (B) A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or (C) Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24 semester hours requirement of paragraph A, provided that (1) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (2) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (3) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements (Must submit transcripts and/or certificate with your application).
C. I do not possess the education and/or experience described above.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Supervisory Auditor work at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service that includes 1) planning and executing audits or structured monitoring of grantees, programs, and diversified activities; 2) articulating audit or monitoring findings; 3) providing technical direction to others performing financial management functions; and 4) establishing policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of financial or administrative systems and fiscal or administrative reviews.
B. My experience is not reflected in the above statement.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
B- I have limited experience in performing this work behavior. I have had exposure to this work behavior but would require additional guidance, instruction, or experience to perform it at a proficient level.
C- I have experience performing this work behavior across routine or predictable situations with minimal supervision or guidance.
D- I have performed this work behavior independently across a wide range of situations. I have assisted others in carrying out this work behavior. I seek guidance in carrying out this work behavior only in unusually complex situations.
E- I am considered an expert in carrying out this work behavior. I advise and instruct others in carrying out this work behavior on a regular basis. I am consulted by my colleagues and/or superiors to carry out this work behavior in unusually complex situations.
3. Modify audit and monitoring plans by emphasizing and revising new approaches.
4. Examine financial transactions, accounts, and reports for compliance with laws and regulations.
5. Evaluate accounting and program controls reflected in policies, systems, procedures, methods, and practices.
6. Direct the financial and programmatic aspects of grant programs to evaluate compliance with standards, identify fiscal deficiencies, and assess risk to funds.
7. Oversee and/or conduct special projects to detect fraud and abuse.
8. Advise on the development of presentation of data for criminal and/or civil hearings and court trails.
9. Identify potential or actual fraud and abuse and develops evidence.
10. Integrate and coordinate policy issues, program direction, legislative efforts, regulations, and funding for a program.
11. Provide technical direction to subordinate staff.
12. Direct, coordinate, and oversee the work of others.
13. Exercise responsibility in advising management officials and subordinate staff on financial management functions.
14. Manage a range of financial management functions.
15. Develop consolidated report of audit or monitoring findings.
16. Propose and design methods for strengthening fiscal practices.
17. Prepare instructional and other procedural material.
18. Review audit reports prepared by others.