Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 05.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
The following questions will only be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. Choose the one answer that best describes your education and/or experience for this position.
1. Choose the answer below that best describes your experience meeting the minimum requirement for the GS 5 Human Resources Assistant (OA) position.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-04 level in Federal Service applying a standardized body of human resources regulations, laws and procedures to process a wide variety of personnel actions, identify and correct errors in employees personnel records, use an automated system to maintain, or monitor or track workflow, and prioritize work to meet competing deadlines.
2. Choose the answer below that best describes your experience meeting the minimum requirement for the GS 6 Human Resources Assistant (OA) position.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 level in Federal Service. Specialized experience includes applying and interpreting personnel regulations; performing technical and administrative work in support of recruitment and placement programs; providing advice to clients and new employees on basic personnel regulations and entitlements, preparing personnel actions and reports utilizing automated HR systems; and maintaining reports using automated office programs.
3. Choose the answer below that best describes your experience meeting the minimum requirement for the GS 7 Human Resources Assistant (OA) position.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-06 level in Federal Service. Specialized experience includes applying and interpreting personnel regulations; performing technical support work in support of a recruitment and placement and classification program to include drafting vacancy announcements, identifying and correcting errors in employees' personnel records, analyze and resolve basic and pay and leave issues, utilize automated HR systems to create, develop and maintain reports.
4. Are you able to type 40 words per minute based on a 5 minute sample with three or fewer errors?A. Yes
For each task in the following group choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.
5. Independently responds to inquiries from clients and provided information regarding processing procedures and requirements related to HR services.
6. Assists employees in preparing and submitting a variety of personnel forms.
7. Utilized human resources procedures, laws and regulations such as the Code of Federal Regulations and the Guide to Processing Personnel Action in a work environment.
8. Create and/or maintain an electronic or manual filing system for a human resources program.
9. Calculate service dates for employees.
10. Identify and correct errors in employees' personnel records
11. Contact persons in and outside of the agency to plan, coordinate and advise on work effort.
12. Analyze and resolve pay and leave issues.
13. Respond to inquiries from a variety of sources that requires gathering and analyzing information and reporting on the status of your findings.
14. Use automated HR systems such as National Finance Center (NFC) or DFAS to process a range of standard and recurring personnel actions.
15. Verify the accuracy of the database by reviewing generated reports and resolves discrepancies.
16. Create a variety of standardized and and/or ad hoc reports.
17. Use office automation technology such as Microsoft office programs to create a variety of correspondence, reports, presentation.
18. Prioritize work to meet recurring deadlines.
19. Coordinate work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that deadlines are met.
20. Establish a method, such as spreadsheet or electronically, of keeping supervisor or senior staff undated on the status of work at regular interval.
21. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.A. Yes