Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements Information Technology Specialist, (INFOSEC), GS-2210-14.
2. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
3. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
4. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
5. Certified Information Privacy Professional/Government (CIPP/G)
6. Certification and Accreditation Professional (CAP)
7. Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Essential Certification (GSEC)
8. GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA)
9. Comp TIA Security+
Knowledge of information security techniques, requirements, methods, sources, and procedures.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
10. Interpret policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of services throughout the agency.
11. Interpret and applies policies and procedures relating to application of guidelines in the IT Security area.
12. Analyze technical aspects of proposals and integrity studies from contractors to determine adequacy and ensures executive statutory regulatory and agency requirements are effectively implemented.
13. Knowledge and skill in IT security principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices to ensure information systems compliance.
14. Perform technical/complex vulnerability testing and network assessments to counter unauthorized attempts to enter systems within the enterprise.
15. Analyze operational and technical security aspects associated with specific sites and facilities to determine vulnerability and threat level.
16. Participate in inspections and surveys of computer systems for customers, in relation to Information Security Issues.
17. Skill in project management principles, methods, and practices including developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones and deliverables, monitoring activities, and evaluating and reporting on accomplishments sufficient to manage assigned projects.
18. Plan, direct, monitor and evaluate, identify needs, and resolve conflicts within assigned projects.
19. Interpret and apply policies in terms of established goals, objectives, and accepted practices, and apply new methods to resolve controversial or unprecedented issues.
20. Identify and apply new methods to IT Info System Security Programs when current approaches or techniques require significant changes to achieve required results.
21. Provide direction to other organizational components on how new information security practices, policies, regulations, and requirements may conflict with current procedures and the impact of changes on daily operations.
22. Inform staff of Information Security inspection results and provide mitigation guidance.
23. implement IT security policies and procedures in the development and operations of network and telecommunication systems, mainframe personal computing, video- Conferencing, infrastructure software and server support.
24. Evaluate and describe the impact of new information security policies, procedures, and guidelines on the ability of other organizational components to continue to achieve business and mission goals.Top of Form
Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.