Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
This section will be used to determine if you possess the basic educational requirements needed to qualify for a Contract Specialist, GS-1102.
1. Please select the response that most closely matches your basic educational qualifications for a Contract Specialist, GS-1102, grade level GS-05, GS-07 and GS-09. Make sure your resume supports the response you select.
Transcripts must be provided to support your educational claims. Failure to provide transcripts will result in an ineligible rating.
Please answer the questions below. Failure to answer these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
2. From the descriptions below, please select the response that BEST reflects your education and/or specialized experience relevant to the position of Contract Specialist, GS-1102-05. SELECT ONLY ONE LETTER. NOTE: YOUR RESUME MUST SUPPORT THE RESPONSE YOU SELECT.A. I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field. NOTE: You must submit copies of college transcripts.
3. From the descriptions below, please select the response that BEST reflects your education and/or specialized experience for the position of Contract Specialist GS-1102-07.
For each task choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select one (1) letter as it applies to you for each statement below.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
4. Serve as a contracting officer, administrator or negotiator for organization contracts.
5. Perform contracting duties, including price/cost analysis, evaluation, negotiation, and cancellation and termination of contracts.
6. Negotiate and collect service fees, aggregates, rebates or administrative fees.
7. Complete contracting tasks related to wage determination rates and verification of licenses.
8. Make recommendations relative to price adjustments, deviations from contract terms and conditions, delivery schedules and changes, and other related items.
9. Maintain a positive relationship with buying activities to determine if there are issues with a contract.
10. Conduct conferences with contractors to provide information and clarify special provisions of a contract.
11. Coordinate throughout the contract administration process with quality assurance personnel, program personnel, general counsel, etc.
12. Serve as a contact point for established contracts and agreements.
13. Assist in the closeout of contracts and agreements.
14. Assist in pre-award responsibilities and contract administration.
15. Asssit in developing realistic and attainable milestones for organization projects.
16. Monitor work in progress and assure timely accomplishment of assigned workload.
17. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes