The specialty code for this position is 001.
Complete this section ONLY IF you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). To be considered, you must be a surplus or displaced Federal employee as defined in the regulations, be applying for a vacancy at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been or are being separated (and with no greater promotion potential than your position), and be occupying or have been displaced from a position in the same local commuting area as the vacancy.
Note: To receive consideration for the CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation as specified in the vacancy announcement.
1. From the descriptions below, select one statement that best describes your experience to meet the basic requirements for this position, IT Specialist (INFOSEC), at the GS-13 level. Mark only one response.A. I have one year of full-time specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as: 1) identifying and specifying necessary requirements for new or enhanced data systems; 2) evaluating established data management systems methods and procedures to prepare recommendations for appropriate changes that improve data management operations; and 3) updating manuals, instructions, and operating procedures for data management systems. NOTE: The contents of your resume must fully and explicitly support this response in its entirety. Otherwise, you will be found ineligible.
2. From the descriptions below, select one statement that best describes your experience to meet the basic requirements for this position, IT Specialist (INFOSEC), at the GS-14 level. Mark only one response.A. I have one year of full-time specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as: 1) defining data related policies, standards, and guidelines for use in maintaining quality data management systems; 2) establishing and maintaining enterprise data architecture framework and processes; 3) providing guidance to data modelers, IT architects, and application teams on data architecture standards and best practices; and 4) writing manuals, instructions, and operating procedures for data management systems. NOTE: The contents of your resume must fully and explicitly support this response in its entirety. Otherwise, you will be found ineligible.
Skill in applying IT security principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Resolve integration issues related to implementation of new database systems with the existing infrastructure.
4. Review proposed new systems designs for potential security risks.
5. Develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
6. Implement higher-level security requirements that result from laws, regulations, and Presidential directives.
7. Define the scope and level of detail for security plans and policies that are applicable to the database security program.
8. Oversee the security system to ensure controlled access to the data in the database.
Knowledge of database design, development, installation, implementation and management
9. Develop and maintain multiple databases to obtain greater efficiency in computer performance and processes.
10. Determine organization of data in the database by assigning names and definitions to the various records and fields.
11. Assess data management to ensure the standardization of the design and coding practices adhere to organizational best practices and change control activities.
12. Manipulate and maintain the data to meet user and system requirements.
13. Create and load data for development, testing and production.
14. Extract, transfer, and load data to maintain the system and allow for interface to other systems.
15. Improve data quality through the implementation of data codification, data cleansing, and data filtering.
16. Implement, configure and troubleshoot data instances, replication, archiving, backups, partitions, storage, security, utilization and disaster recovery of the databases.
17. Ensure the overall health, reliability, performance and capacity of the databases.
18. Ensure standardization of database design, SQL coding practices and adherence to SQL best practices and change control activities.
Ability to communicate effectively orally
19. Consult with users, managers, staff and others to gather inputs that define goals for the system.
20. Serve as liaison between system users and information systems staff in the development, implementation, administration and maintenance database programs and applications.
21. Advise management regarding the selection, purchase and use of database management tools.
22. Work with management, project managers, other IT specialists and programming staff as part of a project team to recommend improvements to existing database processes and systems.
23. Coordinate with IT project supervisors and management to develop data dictionaries, standards and quality assessments.
Ability to communication effectively in writing
24. Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
25. Write and maintain system documentation.
26. Develop standard recovery and back up procedural manuals for databases.
27. Document systems problems and resolutions for future reference.
28. Prepare documentation for knowledge sharing, training, and presentations.
29. Prepare reports for status of data projects.