Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. For the GS-12 grade level, applicants must have 52 weeks in a non-temporary appointment at the GS-11 grade level. This year of experience must be equivalent to at least the next lower grade level that demonstrated the ability to provide support for the coordination, management and oversight of organizational committees in accordance with laws, policies and regulations related to the Federal advisory committees; providing technical advice and guidance relating to the utilization of special government employees (SGEs) in relation to the Federal advisory committees addressing public health issues; performing analytical work related to the interpretation of conflicts of interest rules and regulations as well as waiver criteria for the participants of the Federal advisory committees in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.
2. Are you a current Federal employee with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligible's or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; and individuals with disabilities?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. The incumbent analyzes the confidential financial data submitted in the form by SGE's, financial updates to determine if actual or appearance of a conflict of interest exists.
4. The incumbent provides oversight of SGE personnel actions, SGE utilization in meeting participation, and reimbursements for advisory committee participants.
5. The incumbent ensures that the integrity of advisory committee decisions is not compromised by actual or apparent conflicts of interest of its members and ensures adherence by members to all laws, regulations, and policies relative to the Federal conflict of interest.
6. Researches the interrelationships among the Biotechnology firms with direct financial interests in the meetings, and identifies any additional related biological products existing or under development in similar or related categories which may be impacted by the advisory committee meeting deliberations.
7. The incumbent reviews advisory committee meeting agenda topics as well as SGE's curricular vitae to determine if reported contracts, grants, speaking engagements, and consultations are related to the biological products and biotech companies that could be affected by the meeting
8. The incumbent prepares and defends the SGE Conflicts of Interests analysis packages for approval prior to each advisory committee meeting.
9. The incumbent reviews, modifies and explains policies for use of Special Government Employees (SGEs).
10. The incumbent is aware of all relevant statutes, regulations, and FDA policies regarding conflicts of interest, participation waivers and keep up-to-date on policy changes.
11. The incumbent is responsible for planning, directing, managing the Center's Committee Management program, including budget oversight.