Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the minimum qualifications for the Information Management Specialist, GS-0301-13A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in federal service that demonstrates experience developing records and information management policies and procedures for an enterprise-wide records program environment; perform analyses of current and proposed policies and procedures regarding records and information management for potential conflict; developing recommendations for legal compliance, use of information management documentation, and utilization of information technology tools; and review, assess, and participate in the selection of enterprise-wide electronic records management solutions in support of a records program.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Assist, support, implement, maintain, and enhance records management policies and procedures related to the Federal Records Act for the agency.
3. Provide the agencies Records Officer with their audit procedures and implementation of a program to write and gain approval for records disposition authorities for the agency in accordance with the Federal Records Act laws, NARA regulations, and industry best practices.
4. Assist with records management changes and enhancements, including new systems, technology, and applications in compliance with the Federal Records Act laws and regulations.
5. Provide resolutions to problems/issues related to the Federal Records Act and Presidential Records Act laws and regulations.
6. Participate in the conversion of records and information systems to appropriate optical and electronic formats for records, files, publications, and systems.
7. Assist the Records Management Branch in delivering a consistent message to the agency on the strategic goals of Federal and Presidential Records Management.
8. Contribute to the development and execution of records management education and communication programs for agency.
9. Review, assess and participate in the selection of enterprise-wide electronic records and content management system in support of a records program.
10. Interact regularly with internal Records Officers, the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and the Federal Records Centers to ensure timely and accurate transfer of all records are in compliance with current laws and regulations.