Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the minimum qualifications for Telecommunications Specialist GS-0391-12.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Provide technical and analytical work in planning, development, acquisition, testing, integration, installation, utilization or modification of encrypted tactical communication systems, facilities, services, and procedures.
3. Utilize telecommunication inventory system for asset tracking, budget analysis and telecommunications expense management.
4. Oversee or participate in the maintenance and field testing of the software as well as monitor and analyze day-to-day operations inters of security and user support requirements.
5. Define, add, and update key groups, key maps and units; schedule or reschedule changes and index changes, schedule and control keys and initiate other actions and operational changes.
6. Perform system analysis and evaluation to assure technical compatibility or proposed new serviced and associated equipment with existing systems.
7. Maintain technical liaison and collaborates with engineers of commercial communication companies and manufacturers to keep abreast of new and improved development.
8. Initiate changes to propriety software and advise network users on improvements to be gained from procedural changes or modifications to the associated hardware or software.
9. Receives and post invoices for payments and provide telecommunication billing analysis by utilizing organizational software.
10. Perform systems analysis and evaluation to assure technical compatibility of proposed new services and associated equipment with existing systems.
11. Conduct traffic analysis through periodic or specific survey of service/facility operations to evaluate current methods, interpret findings and recommending corrective action.
12. Understand, evaluate and translate the needs of the users into system requirements. Relate user requirements to existing technology, policies, costs and funding.
13. Analyze, evaluate and provide recommendations for telecommunication optimization.