Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, choose one answer that best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Microbiologist, GS-403-14.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Microbiologist, GS-403-14.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Analyze and determine the adequacy of data and tests submitted by a manufacturer regarding the safety and public health impact of products.
4. Extend and modify approaches, precedents, and methods to solve a variety of microbiology problems with unprecedented and/or obscure aspects.
5. Evaluate manufacture of a product to determine how manufacturing controls affect product safety.
6. Identify gaps in scientific knowledge and develop microbiology studies to address gaps, coping with novel, difficult, and/or unexpected problems.
7. Advise internal and external stakeholders on activities related to tobacco research and evaluation of microbiology data and manufacturing processes.
8. Provide feedback on the content of technical or complex documents or materials.
9. Serve on panels, committees, or task forces as a representative for the organization on scientific, technical, or professional issues.
10. Prepare comprehensive summaries of data reviewed and submit recommendations and conclusions to stakeholders.
11. Provide written conclusions to other agencies, industry, universities, State, local and foreign governments.
12. Proofread, edit, or update scientific, technical, or complex documents.