1. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic education requirement for a GS-1530, Statistician position.A. Degree: that included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics), and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc. Credit toward meeting statistical course requirements should be given for courses in which 50 percent of the course content appears to be statistical methods, e.g., course that included studies in research methods in psychology or economics such as tests and measurements or business cycles, or courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing.
2. From the description below, select the one that best describes your experience and/or education to meet the Minimum Qualification requirements for the Statistician, GS-1530-7.A. I have at least one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level. Specialized experience may include: conducting routine briefings on statistical information in a meeting setting; maintaining statistical spreadsheets; and organizing results from statistical surveys.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Present information at staff meetings or routine briefings on technical, statistical and econometric issues.
4. Participate in meetings or discussions with others (e.g, supervisors, managers or agency officials) to obtain, clarify or give facts or information of a statistical and econometric nature.
5. Summarize numerical or statistical and econometric analysis results for presentation to higher level authority in order to justify the results of a statistical study or survey.
6. Update numerical or statistical and econometric reports of a routine nature.
7. Understands spreadsheet programs such as Lotus 123 or Excel.
8. Write efficient programs running regressions in the SAS language.
9. Use a spreadsheet and SAS with no instructions to accomplish an assigned programming task.
10. Conduct clearly defined studies and parts of major projects assigned to senior statisticians.
11. Develop details of a study according to established objectives and specifications.
12. Complete college courses that provide instruction in statistical concepts, principles and practices.
13. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.