Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in this Management Officer position. In the following section you are going to answer questions regarding your ability to perform the duties of the Management Officer.
1. Do you have at least one year of experience at the GS 13 level in the federal government applying the principles, theories, and practices of advanced management and organizational principles and practices along with a comprehensive knowledge of planning, programming and budgeting regulations, guidelines and processes in order to direct complex studies requiring application of advanced analytical and statistical methods and techniques, as well as serving as a principal advisor to management?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Advise management on administrative functions responsible for human capital management.
3. Plan, manage, organize, and direct administrative and management guidelines, management studies, policy and planning activities, coordination, development and implementation of administrative programs for the Office of Policy and Planning as carried out by the Staff, Administrative Officers, Management Specialist and Project and Program Specialist who are responsible, respectively, for the program segments of the staff.
4. Define objective, formulate policies and design programs to meet the needs of the Office programs functions.
5. Serve as the principal advisor on administrative functions, such as, human capital management, budget, and facilities.
6. Coordinate with the Office of the Commissioner's SR Management Officer in the development and implementation of programs, policies, standards and procedures in the area of administrative functions.
7. Advise on administrative management policies, procedures, and plans.
8. Advise and assist management officials by supplying administrative management advice required to make long and short range plans, program implementations and alternatives of budgetary, personnel, and facilities.
9. Develop, distribute, and carry out administrative management policies, procedures, and plans. .