Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, choose one answer that best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Lead Microbiologist, GS-403-13.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Lead Microbiologist, GS-403-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Structure and manage the work of a group to accomplish a complex activity within time and resource constraints.
4. Develop leadership abilities in others by providing coaching, mentoring and developmental assignments.
5. Plan work assignments to be assigned to colleagues, team members, and others.
6. Lead groups comprised of subject matter experts or professional colleagues through the planning, control (or implementation), and/or evaluation phases of a project.
7. Assess and revise policies and procedures as need to find ways to improve quality, timeliness, and efficiency of work.
8. Represent the team and convey the team's findings and recommendations in meetings and dealings with other team leaders, program officials, the public and other customers on issues related to or that have an impact on the team's objectives, work products, and/or tasks.
9. Report on the status and progress of work, describing how work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
10. Present results of research studies or scientific information at branch or division sponsored meetings and seminars or at professional meetings.
11. Work closely with individuals and groups from other CDC Coordinating Centers or Offices, or from institutions outside of CDC, to resolve problems, analyze alternatives, negotiate differences, and reach consensus.
12. Communicate to internal or external groups or individuals on specific requirements as defined by the select agent regulations and provides appropriate guidance.
13. Compile and interpret microbiological and molecular biological assays related to identification and characterization of pathogenic microorganisms or toxins.
14. Prepare reports from scientific investigations, studies, projects, or inspection of facilities.
15. Prepare written documents, such as SOPs, guidance materials and FAQs, related to critical functions of the organization for distribution to scientific audiences.
16. Maintain program and administrative reference materials, project files and relevant background documents, and answer questions from team members on procedures, policies, directives, etc.
17. Prepare written reports and maintain records of work accomplishments of other team members, and submits to the senior management.
18. Conduct or prepare for regulatory inspections, to include safety and security components, at scientific institutions.
19. Review and/or conduct risk assessments on biosafety and/or security issues for organizations.
20. Prepare and/or evaluate biosafety or security plans for microbiological and/or toxin work.
21. Enforce safe and secure laboratory practices and procedures as defined by the select agent regulations.
22. Work in BSL 2 and/or 3 laboratories and has knowledge of BSL 4 microbiological and biomedical laboratory facilities, containment equipment and safety procedures.
23. Keep abreast of pertinent literature, extracts relevant details, and incorporates appropriate concepts and techniques into research or work activities.
24. Attend conferences, meetings, and lectures on subjects relevant to the research program or work activity, often as a speaker or key participant.
25. Serve as a recognized authority in a specialty area of microbiology, toxicology, or biosafety.
26. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.