Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Public Health Analyst, GS-685-14.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service evaluating agency programs, policies, initiatives, mission and goals; applying public health policies and principles; managing multiple complex processes and projects; experience in written and oral communication; tracking day-to-day budget; experience with Human Resources process, and supervising others.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide leadership, direction, and management for the development for the organization and maintenance of initiatives to advance the mission.
3. Work with directors and managers to achieve objectives and resolve problems.
4. Develop public health program and policy evaluations and measurement of program outcomes.
5. Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate financial controls and policies.
6. Manage audits and internal controls and submit timely submission of analyses and reports.
7. Coordinate budget formulation, execution, and tracking activities.
8. Ensure budget initiatives are consistent with organization priorities.
9. Serve as a principle advisor and provides leadership on strategic planning in the organization.
10. Develop proposals that address important public health issues.
11. Contribute to the analysis and recommendations on strategies for improving policies.
12. Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates.
13. Assign work to subordinates based on priorities.
14. Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employee on both work and administrative matters.
15. Assist in creating organization-wide reports for internal and external use.
16. Manage linkages with budgeting, staffing, space, supplies, acquisition in support of office mission.
17. Serve as a leading authority on public health programs and policies.
18. Establish and maintain personal contact with public and private sector health and academic professionals representing diverse groups at both State and Federal levels.
19. Make clear convincing presentations and explain and justify recommendations.
20. Manage linkages and relationships with external organizations, including other federal, national, state and local organizations.
21. Develop written reports and other mission related documents.
22. Communicate with key collaborators on public health research and program activities.
23. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.