Thank you for your interest in completing the Occupational Questionnaire. Your responses to this questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making preliminary screening decisions for the Biological Science Technician (Wildlife) position. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability.
1. From the responses below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes your basic level of experience and/or education. Select only one letter.
Ability to conduct wildlife surveys with an emphasis on wildlife health.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items (Questions 2 thru 20) using the scale. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.
Read each task carefully. For each task, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability. Once you have a clear understanding of these instructions, please mark your self-ratings on the tasks in this section using the scale below.
2. Conduct biological surveys of ungulates common to the Intermountain West region.
3. Classify ungulates accurately by age and sex class.
4. Observe and record animal behavior, body condition and other indices of wildlife health.
5. Identify clinical signs of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD).
6. Conduct biological surveys on wildlife disease occurrences.
Ability to safely don and doff PPE appropriate for wildlife health sampling to assist with necropsies and other biological sample collection efforts and safely collect potentially biohazardous biological samples.
7. Safely don and doff PPE such as protective coveralls, boots, gloves and safety glasses.
8. Assist with necropsies and other biological sample collection efforts.
9. Perform CWD sampling of retropharyngeal lymph nodes and obex.
10. Collect potentially biohazardous biological samples while ensuring safety of yourself and others working with you.
11. Properly inventory and label samples, including sorting by storage method and receiving laboratory.
12. Safely clean and disinfect instruments and equipment used during biological sample collection.
Collect and record scientific measurements, including environmental and climatological measurements in harsh winter conditions.
13. Use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver in the field to mark sampling locations.
14. Interpret aerial photos to locate sampling locations.
15. Consistently collect technical data on environmental and habitat conditions using established research protocols.
16. Manage field data using a relational database computer program.
17. Keep detailed scientific records using a spreadsheet.
18. Maintain records on wildlife management activities related to environmental and habitat conditions.
19. Safely operate oversnow vehicles, including but not limited to four-wheel drive pickup trucks and track-modified pickup trucks/large SUVs, for conducting biological surveys and assisting with resource management activities.
20. Maintain communications with on-site management staff on a daily basis to coordinate surveying and sampling activities.
21. I have assured my resume/application contains all of the information listed under the Section titled: Required Documents.A. Yes
22. Verification Statement: As explained in the vacancy announcement, your responses to this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses and rating. Providing false or fraudulent information in or attached to your application may be grounds for not hiring you, or for separating you after you begin work. All information you provide is subject to investigation.
Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing below to this verification statement, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this verification statement, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this verification statement will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.