Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, choose one answer that best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Microbiologist, GS-403-13.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Microbiologist, GS-403-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Evaluate standard study methods, requirements, practices, or techniques or existing guides to address current and evolving problems or issues.
4. Identify methods and procedures to collect data and conduct experiments and studies. Enforce technical rules and procedures that apply to scientific projects and programs.
5. Prepare analyses and reports of findings for tests and studies.
6. Conduct or prepare for regulatory inspections at scientific institutions in conjunction with other federal agencies to ensure compliance with Select Agent regulation.
7. Perform biosafety inspections, surveys, compliance inspections and development of risk assessments, to ensure compliance with Select Agent regulations.
8. Prepare and/or evaluate biosafety or biosecurity plans for microbiological work.
9. Evaluate molecular biological techniques with nucleic acids from human animal pathogens.
10. Evaluate biological toxins.
11. Provide training for the use of laboratory equipment and proper laboratory procedures.
12. Inform supervisors and managers of new policies, processes, and management practices, and effect changes.
13. Present findings and guidance documents at professional meetings.
14. Participate in oral discussions for planning, coordinating, or consulting on work efforts.
15. Convey information about a project to colleagues within the organization.
16. Serve as subject matter expert for other personnel on specific matters of science or policy.
17. Provides technical assistance to Federal, State, Local and Private laboratories with regard to Select Agent registration and compliance with Select Agent regulations.
18. Prepare charts, graphs, manuscripts, and spreadsheets to report results and inconsistencies.
19. Prepare a variety of documents including standard operating procedures, technical manuals, and scientific documents.
20. Coordinate activities of diverse laboratory projects and personnel, and ensures availability of resources.
21. Assist in managing the laboratory budget.
22. Oversee the work of others on procedures related to regulatory inspections.
23. Evaluate that laboratory equipment is working properly and is used safely.
24. Review and recommend new equipment, schedules demonstrations, and initiates procurement.
25. Coordinate installation of new equipment.
26. Practice and enforce safe laboratory practices and hazardous materials handling; disseminates safety guidelines to personnel.
27. Keep abreast of pertinent literature, extracts relevant details, and incorporates appropriate concepts and techniques into work activities.
28. Attend conferences, meetings, and lectures on subjects relevant to
the research program or work activity, often as a speaker or key participant.
29. Serve as a recognized authority in a specialty area of microbiology, toxicology, or biosafety.
30. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.