SUPERVISORY EDUCATIONAL TECHNICIAN (BUSINESS OPERATIONS & GRADUATE EDUCATION)
Vacancy ID: 799893 Announcement Number: NW21702-12-7998934J506916 USAJOBS Control Number: 332703700Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Please indicate how you are eligible for this vacancy. Select one of the following:A. I am currently employed at the United States Naval Academy, 00161 as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34); or, I am currently employed at the United States Naval Academy, 00161 on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.
B. I am registered in the Department of Defense (DOD) Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.
C. I do not meet either of the eligibilities as described above.
2. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1702-11 Supervisory Educational Technician (Business Operations & Graduate Education). (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-09) in the Federal service providing analysis and administrative support for educational programs. Such experience may include, but is not limited to: submitting and ensuring payment of invoices; coordinating training; and/or analyzing the results of educational programs.
B. I have successfully completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
C. I have successfully completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
D. I have a combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience.
E. I do not have any of the experience or education as described above.
3. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1702-12 Supervisory Educational Technician (Business Operations & Graduate Education).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-11) in the Federal service providing management support for educational programs. Such experience may include, but is not limited to: developing program improvements for educational programs; planning or managing academic programs; and/or leading or training others in the implementation of educational programs.
B. No, I do not have the specialized experience described above.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
4. Develop standard metrics to evaluate the performance of an education program.
5. Correct an education program's inefficiencies in response to program reviews.
6. Execute business plans in support of an education program.
7. Establish internal controls to execute resources in support of an academic program.
8. Administer a graduate education program to ensure the program mission is achieved.
9. Resolve graduate education program issues to improve student satisfaction.
10. Develop policies for governing a graduate education program.
11. Serve as the primary graduate education point-of-contact.
12. Analyze budget requirements to determine amount to be paid.
13. Manage a budget for an education program.
14. Oversee execution of budgets to ensure proper allocation of funds.
15. Monitor a program's financial operations to determine the need for reallocation of resources.
16. Assign work to subordinates based on priorities.
17. Prepare annual assessments of subordinates to evaluate their performance.
18. Effect disciplinary measures, (such as warnings, cautions or reprimands) in response to rule violations.
19. Provide technical oversight in order to recommend improvement.
20. Deliver oral presentations to relay program information.
21. Provide verbal advice to others on business processes.
22. Verbally persuade others to take a different course of action.
23. Communicate verbally with other organizations to resolve inquiries or concerns.
24. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation does not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
B. No. I do not accept this agreement and/or I no longer wish to be considered for this position.