Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Health Scientist, GS-601-15.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Behavioral Scientist, GS-0101-15.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Interdisciplinary Supervisory Health Scientist, GS 601-15 or Supervisory Behavioral Scientist, GS 101-15.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service, including experience in planning, managing, directing, evaluating all the programmatic and research activities of the Branch.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Initiate and monitor research and programmatic activities to aid in the prevention of injuries.
5. Determines the Branch's overall policies and approaches to achieve the missions of the Division and the Center.
6. Plan, coordinate, manage, and evaluate Branch activities to ensure successful programs and output.
7. Plan and prepare work to be accomplished by subordinates to accomplish Division priorities.
8. Interview candidates for positions in the work unit to recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment of employees.
9. Develop performance standards to evaluate work performance of subordinates.
10. Collaborate with Division Director and other Branch Chiefs to ensure coordination of activities related to injury prevention.
11. Serve as a member of the Division's senior management team to bring expert knowledge to the Division-level decision-making process.
12. Conduct program planning and present the Division management team with injury prevention information to determine priority Branch activities.
13. Participate on key scientific panels and committees to develop guidelines and recommendations on injury prevention issues.
14. Review protocols, research designs, and manuscripts to prepare for publication or formal presentation at national scientific conferences.
15. Collaborate with other CDC components, other Federal agencies, and national organizations to provide national direction for injury control.
16. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.