1. From the responses below, select ONE response that best describes how you meet the basic requirements for this position (Note- Experience/Education MUST be substantiated in your resume. Failure to provide the required information will render you not eligible for consideration. If using education to qualify, you are encouraged to submit an official or unofficial transcript.):
AOC - UIC ONLY
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS SECTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
2. From the responses below, select the response that best describes how you meet the basic eligibility for appointment. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position.
KNOWLEDGE OF COLLEGE-LEVEL (E.G. GRADUATE AND PHD) ADMISSIONS STANDARDS, PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the
oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and
Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
3. Advise faculty on the impact of accepting marginal students to ensure common understanding.
4. Provide counseling to applicants that fall short of the required entry requirements to gain admission.
5. Evaluate transcripts (e.g. undergraduate and graduate) to determine if they meet the entry requirements to gain admission.
6. Use software (e.g. Academic Profile Code) to analyze course descriptions to provide the most accurate academic background information to faculty when evaluating students for acceptance into education programs.
KNOWLEDGE OF ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS
7. Act as the coordinator for all PhD student paperwork.
8. Train employees on the use of the Applicant Management System (AMS) to ensure student's information is up to date and correct.
9. Review new or modified policies to determine the impact on current programs.
10. Analyze quarterly reports for Admissions office metrics.
SKILL IN WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
11. Enroll students into the Student Information System (e.g. PYTHON) to ensure correct procedures are followed.
12. Maintain quarterly financial reports for tuition collection.
13. Create academic performance indexes (e.g. Academic Profile Code (APC)), to track minimum acceptance indicators.
14. Develop and integrate new procedures for admitting non-foreign national students.
15. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.