Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (13) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
The following sections include items related to the basic qualifications for this vacancy. Please respond to each question by selecting the applicable response, i.e., A, B, C, etc. Choose the statement from the questions below that best describes your qualifications and/or eligibilty.
1. I am a Citizen of the United States.A. Yes
Applicants must meet the basic requirements in order to tentatively qualify for this position.
2. Do you possess a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program of an accredited college or university in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA)? The specialty area of the degree must be consistant with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED)A. Yes
3. Did you successfully complete a one year of professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA and which met APA internship requirements?A. Yes
4. Do you possess a full, current and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.A. Yes
5. I am proficient in spoken and written English. (Psychologist must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with chapter 2, section D, paragragh 5a [No person will be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C. chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA who is not proficient in written and spoken English])A. Yes
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, applicants must also meet the specialized experience requirements in order to tentatively qualify for this position.
6. Do you possess two years of post-doctoral experience appropriate to psychology? Experience must be post-doctoral degree and must have required the use of knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics associated with current professional psychology practice. (Quality of experience is only creditable if it is post-doctoral degree experience as a professional psychologist directly related to the duties to be performed.)A. Yes
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your background and experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
NOTE: Evidence of experience, must be supported by detailed documentation of duties performed in positions held. Please provide such documentation on your application or resume. Also please provide work experience information such as hours per week and starting/ending dates of employment (month and year format).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient population.
8. Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
9. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
10. Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies.
11. Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
12. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.
RESUME REMINDER - Your resume must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g., June 2007 to April 2011)
Full-time or part-time status (include average hours worked per week)
TRANSCRIPTS REMINDER - You must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) and/or an appropriate course listing with your application.