The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions to identify basic requirements, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) related to this position.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy. Please answer A ("Yes") or B("No") to each question below.A- Yes.
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. [To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, serving in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.]
3. I hold a doctoral degree in Psychology from a college or university approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, [Note: Approved doctoral programs are those from an accredited college or university whose curriculum psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA). Completed study in a specialty area of psychology means completion of a full curriculum in counseling psychology, not just incidental courses in these areas as part of a program of study in a specialty area unrelated to the position for which being considered. The specialty area of the degree must be counseling psychology. (Please remember that a copy of your transcript must be submitted with your application.)
4. I have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). (Please remember that a copy of your certificate must be submitted with your application)
5. I am licensed or certified as a psychologist in a State.
Please identify the state in which you are licensed, and the year of licensure. (Please remember that a copy of your licensure must be submitted with your application.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This section includes questions about the qualifications for this vacancy. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) in response to the following questions.A- Yes.
6. GS-11 I met the basic educational requirements (no experience beyond requirements).
7. GS-12 One (1) year of postdoctoral experience appropriate to clinical psychology equivalent to the next lower grade level GS-11.
8. GS-13 Two (2) years of postdoctoral experience appropriate to clinical psychology equivalent to the next lower grade level GS-12.
9. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.