1. Do you have experience in both web development AND web content design & management?
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience to perform the duties of a Webmaster (New Media Manager), GS-301-12.
For the section below, select the response under each task statement that best describes your level of experience in that task.
3. Coordinate the comprehensive planning, designing, drafting, editing, and publication of web content to an enterprise-level website.
4. Maintain quality control across the site (links, photos, functionality, accessibility, content) including review of content prior to publication to ensure compliance with applicable federal and industry standards and regulations.
5. Advise agency authors and management on how best to develop and present web material that is highly effective, usable, and useful to both the target audience and for the agency's purpose.
6. Assist with editing all content for the web in accordance with strategic communication goals and best practices in user-centered web design.
7. Edit text, images, audio, and video content using relevant software applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Fireworks/Photoshop/Illustrator/Acrobat), and Garageband/Final Cut Pro.
8. Administers content management systems for enterprise/organizational level website.
9. Apply knowledge of DHTML to create web pages consistent with current web development standards.
10. Use knowledge of server-side scripting and web-enabled relational databases to create database-driven web applications for external and internal use.
11. Combine data and content from Web API services to develop web applications for external and internal use.
12. Provide support in managing web and database servers for enterprise/organizational level website.
13. Create and coordinate day-to-day content postings to agency/organizational social media web sites like Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
14. Provide comprehensive support in the area of web and social media analytics, including providing key performance indicators to executive and program staff from an industry-standard analytics platform.
15. Provide measures on search performance and make recommendations for improvements and best practices on search engine optimization.
16. Create multimedia content, such as podcasts, videos and webinars, for posting to websites and social media platforms.
17. Communicate findings, recommendations, resources and guidelines to staff via regular meetings, presentations, email, and other similar means of communication.
18. Write, edit, and analyze public outreach materials for the intended target audience.
19. Prepare and present complex, technical information and recommendations in writing, orally and graphically for non-technical audiences in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.