Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
The following questions will only be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. Choose the one answer that best describes your education and/or experience for this position:
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for the Executive Assistant, GS-0301-11 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level of Federal service performing the following duties related to the position of Executive Assistant: providing administrative support to a senior executive or agency official in a large and diverse organization; responsible for promoting efficiency and effectiveness in the administration of programs and operations; provide complex calendar management; creating, editing and managing written and oral communications received from subordinate units within the organization; exercise diplomacy, tact and poise in dealing with senior level government and non-governmental officials.
2. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level of Federal service performing the following duties related to the position of Executive Assistant: managing the administrative support operations of a senior executive or agency official in a large and diverse organization; responsible for promoting efficiency and effectiveness in the administration of programs and operations; provide complex calendar management; creating, editing and managing written and oral communications received from subordinate units within the organization; provide advise and guidance to junior administrative staff within the organization; exercise diplomacy, tact and poise in dealing with senior level government and non-governmental officials.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Provide direction, guidance, and instruction to co-workers and/or other support staff on administrative processes and procedures.
4. Provide recommendations to management to enhance the operation of organizational activities.
5. Research, assemble, and summarize information for preparation of reports, minutes and responses to inquiries.
6. Translates management administrative requirements into actionable processes in order to efficiently perform and/or improve a variety of administrative tasks/functions.
7. Reviews monitor and tracks correspondence and records throughout an organization.
8. Reviews, routine, non-technical correspondence and memoranda for grammar, punctuation and consistency with the organization's style and format.
9. Schedule and maintain a complex electronic calendar of meetings and appointments and coordinate related arrangements.
10. Plan and coordinate travel itineraries for high visibility committee meetings conferences, and symposiums.
11. Screen a wide variety of telephone inquiries from internal and external contacts with tact and diplomacy and independently resolve some of the moderate to complex inquiries.
12. Advise supervisor of important office issues arising during his/her absence, bringing significant items reports, files and correspondence to supervisor's attention.
Provide recommendations to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative processes.
13. Compose reports, memoranda or correspondence regarding non-routine matters for supervisor's signature.
14. Type and edit correspondence, reports, manuscripts, administrative and research papers using computer software applications.
15. Use software applications (MS Office Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) to create and generate and format reports, charts, and forms, spreadsheets, and other materials.
16. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.A. Yes