1. One year equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in evaluating and applying Systems Engineering (SE) principles, methods, and procedures within the Systems Engineering Technical Management process; utilizing systems life cycle management concepts to define and develop the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) stages and reviews involved in the acquisition of new, fielded, or modified systems; using efficient and cost effective approaches to integrate technology into the workplace; developing SELC Tailoring Plan and conducting the SE technical management process.A. Yes, I have the experience described above.
2. Do you possess a minimum of two (2) years of specialized experience in leading the development of the test evaluation master plan?A. Yes
3. Do you possess a current DHS or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Acquisition Systems Engineering Level II Certification?A. Yes
4. Do you possess a current DHS or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Acquisition Systems Engineering Level III Certification?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Independently evaluate emerging technologies, industry programs and analysis to provide functional plans and budgets to management.
6. Research existing Federal, State statutes/laws and provide industry systems and programs to develop approaches for future analysis.
7. Analyze internal and external technical and engineering concepts by reviewing conflicting specialized problems and resource support requirements to determine feasibility and application for new efforts.
8. Review research and development proposals for technical viability and utilization.
9. Apply SE technical management process in support of an acquisition program or project.
10. Support the identification, development and implementation of SE metrics, processes, practices and procedures.
11. Support tracking/auditing of SE aspects of systems development in the acquisition process, identify SE issues, and recommend corrective actions.
12. Perform operational risk assessments and mitigation methodologies to advise management on non-specific approaches to broad existing guidelines.
13. Analyze, evaluate and integrate proposals and applications of data from multiple sources to produce theories and system applications for command-wide usage.
14. Develop unique research and development applications for conducting the SELC's Solution Engineering Review and its various stages of planning, design, requirement definition, design, development, integration & testing, implementation, operations & maintenance, and disposition.
15. Organize, conduct, and/or monitor engineering activities relating to the design, development, production, integration, maintenance, and sustainment, and/or analysis of systems or subsystems.
16. Develop/coordinate the development of SE strategy and planning documents such as SELC Tailoring Plan.
17. Coordinate the collection and review of SE data and information for technical reviews.
18. Organize/conduct technical various systems engineering reviews (study plan review, solution engineering review, project planning review, systems definition review, preliminary design review, critical design review, test readiness review, production readiness review, operational readiness review, and the post implementation review).
19. Advise management on technical engineering efforts that encompass non-standard research and development applications for future projects.
20. Coordinate with management and internal and external offices on technical requirements and efforts.
21. Develop briefings and presentations to recommend and defend organizational interests to top level management.
22. Interact with internal and external counterparts within the engineering disciplines to improve engineering operations.
23. Participate and/or lead a program SE Working Group and/or SE IPT.