Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 752371
Human Resources Assistant (R&P), GS-0203-5/6/7
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (05-07) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website:
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
INSTRUCTIONS: The incumbent may be required, as an incidental duty, to operate government-owned or leased motor vehicles in the performance of duties which requires a valid State Driver's License.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?
INSTRUCTIONS: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information, go to:
5. From the responses below, select the one response which best describes how you meet the minimum qualification requirements for a Human Resources Assistant (R&P), GS-0203-05. Read all responses before making your selection. If you leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible.
6. From the responses below, select the one response which best describes how you meet the minimum qualification requirements for a Human Resources Assistant (R&P), GS-0203-06. Read all responses before making your selection. If you leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible.
7. From the responses below, select the one response which best describes how you meet the minimum qualification requirements for a Human Resources Assistant (R&P), GS-0203-07. Read all responses before making your selection. If you leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of recruitment and placement principles, knowledge of the Indian Affairs' merit promotion plan, and an understanding of occupational characteristics to develop promotion announcements and to analyze and evaluate the relative value of individual qualification in relation to duties for specific positions in a variety of clerical and technical occupations. Select only one letter for each task.
8. Prepare vacancy announcements for a wide variety of clerical, administrative and technical positions.
9. Identify individual job requirements, qualifications required, and regulatory required information on each vacancy announcement.
10. Establish and maintain vacancy announcement folders in accordance with the Merit Promotion, Delegated Examining, and files maintenance regulations and procedures.
11. Review and screen applications for completeness and supporting documentation.
12. Determine whether basic qualification requirements, general experience, or specialized experience requirements are met.
13. Explain Federal employee benefits, such as health and life insurance, thrift savings plan, annual and sick leave, creditable service, and retirement benefits to employees and managers.
14. Prepare and coordinate requests for permanent change of station for new appointees and transferring employees.
15. Explain requirements for personnel related actions such as within-grade increases, career tenure, and career ladder promotions.
16. Encode and process payroll transactions, such as changes in benefits, position data, pay changes, tax withholdings, and direct deposit.
17. Review personnel action requests to the determine nature of action, legal authority, and personnel action remarks required.
18. Encode and process personnel actions, benefit elections, and work schedule changes.
19. Review relational edits in automated personnel system and take action to solve any errors.
20. Follow up on suspense dates and pending actions, i.e. such as within-grade increases, trial periods, and conversion of appointments, to ensure actions are processed by due.
21. Apply regulatory personnel guidance and requirements to complete transactions.
22. Utilize a computer to store, retrieve, manipulate, transfer, and print information.
23. Initiate correspondence regarding notices of rating, notification of selection, confirmation of appointment, and close-out letters to nonselectees.
24. Create databases or spreadsheets with a matrix of rows and columns to organize and store electronic information into general categories or files.
25. Transmit information (attachments and links) through an electronic mail system to designated distribution lists and recipients.
26. Initiate and maintain contact with internal officials and external persons outside the agency to gather information.
27. Provide technical assistance to higher level staffing specialist in a variety of recruitment and placement activities, reduction-in-force procedures, and special projects.
28. Provide applicants with information and procedures on how to apply for vacancies.
29. Assist applicants with the completion of forms, records, or other documents.
30. Screen applications to determine if all required documents were received.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
31. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.