Select at least one occupational specialty code. The specialty code(s) for this position are 001, 002 and 003. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Open to All
002 - Competitive Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. SF-50 or veterans documentation).
003 - Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for noncompetitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for positions at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted positions covered under an interchange agreement, and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced for this 794732. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a noncompetitive or special hiring authority.
Complete this section ONLY IF you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). To be considered, you must be a surplus or displaced Federal employee as defined in the regulations, be applying for a vacancy at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been or are being separated (and with no greater promotion potential than your position), and be occupying or have been displaced from a position in the same local commuting area as the vacancy.
Note: To receive consideration for the CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation as specified in the vacancy announcement.
1. Select one statement from the choices below to show how you meet the qualification requirements for this position at the GS-11 grade level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-09 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as 1) assisting in conducting research and analysis of established programs, policies, and/or procedures; 2) utilizing project management tools, techniques, and methodology to co-manage various projects and/or programs; and 3) developing recommendations to changes in programs, processes or procedures based on analytic research and studies.
2. Select one statement from the choices below to show how you meet the qualification requirements for this position at the GS-12 grade level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-11 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as 1) using analytical and evaluative methods in order to conduct multifaceted studies of critical infrastructure; 2) applying knowledge of theory and principles of administration, management and organization applicable to the administration of critical infrastructure (i.e. electric, gas, chemical, public health, and communications) and related operations/programs; 3) managing projects of various size in monetary value, length, and complexity; and 4) developing recommendations for change in program administration, processes, or procedures to management for consideration.
Knowledge of critical infrastructure programs
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Conduct comprehensive studies, projects and detailed analyses of critical infrastructure functions and processes.
4. Provide written analysis of critical infrastructure assessments to support recommendations on courses of action to improve program administration.
5. Support information gathering, analysis and reporting in support of critical infrastructure programs.
6. Contribute to program studies and reviews of assessment methodologies designed and used to produce risk assessments of critical infrastructure.
7. Participate in analytic studies and strategic risk assessments of critical infrastructure collaboration with partners.
Ability to assess, analyze, and evaluate programs, policies, processes and procedures
8. Conduct studies and develop management control systems by utilizing state-of-the-art quantitative and qualitative analyses, targeted at improving business processes and program effectiveness.
9. Develop process and evaluation measures to facilitate the collection, analysis and communication of data related to program planning and operations.
10. Use analytic and evaluative methods to conduct multifaceted studies.
11. Generate written reports and recommendations based on analytical studies and evaluation.
Skill in managing projects
12. Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
13. Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
14. Prepare and complete project plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
15. Resolve problems and identify trends to determine improvements for implementing change.
Ability to communicate orally
16. Provide guidance to a wide range of audiences which include subordinate staff and higher level management and officials.
17. Maintain relationships with contacts within and outside the agency, including stakeholders, and representatives from Federal, state, local and/or private industry.
18. Provide briefings, presentations, and reports to senior leaders and stakeholders for various programs.
19. Present findings and recommendations to management on changes to programs, policies, or issues impacting operations.
20. Collaborate with business industry representatives on acceptance and implementation of findings and recommendations for improving operations.
21. Consult with upper management on the development of standard operating procedures, or modifications to existing procedures.