Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Lead Health Scientist, GS-601-14.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Lead Behavioral Scientist, GS-0101-14.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Interdisciplinary Lead Health/Behavioral Scientist, GS-0601/0101-14.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Develop strategic approaches to work that incorporate long-term vision and direction setting to ensure goals and objectives of those plans are met.
5. Lead development of program operations and initiatives for assigned operating public health programs.
6. Coordinate overall administrative and program activities to ensure proper program execution.
7. Prepare Team budget plans and budget justifications to manage the approved budget within the Team.
8. Plan and prepare work to be accomplished by subordinates to accomplish team priorities.
9. Provide managerial, technical, and administrative direction to the Team in order to plan, conduct, and evaluating Team operation
10. Report to the supervisor on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, and individual and team training needs to accomplish team priorities.
11. Provide expertise in dealing with public health issues associated with injury prevention in order to accomplish team and division goals.
12. Lead the design and conduct of studies to isolate and define the behavioral/health science aspects contributing to injury issues and problems.
13. Lead the development of strategies and programs to address the behavioral/health science component of public health issues.
14. Collaborate with other CDC staff in the design of public health programs, to incorporate behavioral/health science aspects in an integrated approach to injury prevention.
15. Partner with other government agencies and private organizations to accomplish program objectives.
16. Represents CDC at conferences and meetings sponsored by other government agencies, private organizations and professional associations to help maximize program objectives.
17. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.