Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 802249
International Broadcaster (Online)(Russian)
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (11-12) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. Do you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS 09 level? Specialized Experience is defined as experience in writing or editing news stories/news analyses, and/or feature stories in English and/or Russian for a recognized news publication such as a daily newspaper or a weekly news magazine; or for a wire service such as AP, UPI, or Reuters; or for broadcast by a radio or television station or Internet publications. Such experience must have clearly demonstrated the ability to (1) understand and write about domestic and international affairs, (2) write for audiences of varying backgrounds and interests, (3) write under deadline pressure, (4) anchor live or live-to-tape studio shows; initiate and conduct original on-camera or via Skype interviews with a wide variety of subjects and news sources (5) exercise sound and independent.
The education requirement may be met by three (3) full academic years of graduate level education or the successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or completion of all requirements for an LL.M.
Graduate Education: Major study--journalism communications, history, economics, political science, international relations, or other fields related to the position.
2. Do you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS 11 grade level? Specialized Experience is defined as: experience of writing and producing original multimedia content across a wide range of topics in English AND Russian; a proven track record of securing exclusive content for an online news operation; experience of sourcing exclusive and generic content from a wide variety of sources, particularly from popular social media networks and blogs; ability to cooperate with a digital team operating in a high-pressure online news environment; ability to harness technology to improve the content and add value to audience; have an in-depth knowledge of the major issues of interest to Russian speaking audience.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Experience working as an anchor in live or live-to-tape studio shows; initiating and conducting original on-camera or via Skype interviews with a wide variety of subjects and news sources.
4. General and web-based journalism in particular with specific understanding of web story telling and developments such as social networking, blogging and community based websites.
5. Knowledge of copyright law and privacy protection for web based reporting.
6. Skilled in the use of multimedia software systems, such as Internet development to produce state-of-the-art website content.
7. Prepare and post multimedia news reports for the news website.
8. Understanding of world and news events, including US foreign policy and other bi-lateral issues between the United States, Russia and other countries in the area.