Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (09) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
1. ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), No person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - All applicants must first meet the basic education requirement as described below. (Must also meet one of the Additional Qualification Requirements below).
2. Do you possess a Bachelor's degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university with a major in an appropriate social or biological science, which included or was supplemented by 12 semester hours in psychology? (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS - In addition to meeting the basic education requirement, you must also possess specialized experience as described below to qualify for this position.
3. GS-9: Do you also possess two (2) years of technical work under the direction of a professional psychologist (under the direction of a professional psychologist is required and MUST BE documented on your application/resume) in a program of professional services, training or research? These two years of specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the Federal Service. These duties may include one or more of the following: (1) assisting in research as in systematic collection of psychology research data, recording and collecting of data, preparing tabular or graphic presentation of data; (2) assisting counseling psychologist in contacting potential employers for purpose of making vocational placement, providing follow-up consultation, administering and scoring of interest, achievement and aptitude tests, securing work history and other relevant vocational information; (3) assisting neuropsychologist in administering and scoring of selected tests; (4) assisting psychologists in completing behavior rating scales or in conducting behavior modification; and assisting in treatment plan development. A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
4. GS-9: Do you possess two full years of graduate education or a master's degree in psychology in an accredited college or university to substitute for the two years of experience and meets in full the requirements at the GS-9 level? One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent one (1) year of full-time study. If that number cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours will be considered an academic year of graduate study. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a year of full-time study at the school attended. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
5. GS-9: Do you possess equivalent combinations of education and specialized experience (as described above) to meet the requirements at the GS-9? Determine the amount of experience you have as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level. Then determine the amount of education you have as a percentage of the education required for the grade level. Only education in excess of the amount required for the next lower grade level is qualifying. Add the two percentages; the total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify for the grade level. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
The following statements pertain to your knowledge of standard evaluation instruments employed in psychology.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If applying by fax using OPM Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25. Please select only one letter for each item.
6. Administer and score several psychological evaluation and interview assessments.
7. Use manual scoring procedures in accordance with standard protocol and select appropriately among the multiple normative reference materials.
8. Monitor individuals for suicidal and homicidal tendencies or intentions.
9. Conduct neuropsychological testing.
10. Watch for behaviors suggestive of drug toxicity, intoxication, or withdrawal.
The following statements pertain to your knowledge of research protocols, all phases of the research process, and data collection.
11. Work with principal investigator (PI) and research staff to assist in carrying out research protocol.
12. Oversee participant payment, preparation, review, and consolidation of findings.
13. Conduct filing and electronic entries.
14. Assist study coordinators with recruitment tasks, including informing clinical and research staff of the studies, visiting outpatient facilities, posting flyers, and posting ads.
15. Provide general administrative support.
The following statements pertain to knowledge of medical terminology and general understanding of common clinical procedures.
16. Communicate effectively with clinicians and other organizational systems.
17. Maintain good clinical practices throughout studies.
18. Assist with data management.
19. Review medical records and use good clinical judgment.
The following statements pertain to your knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
20. Prepare documents, spreadsheets, and databases.
21. Correspond via email.
22. Transmit and receive data from a coordinating data center.
23. Troubleshoot computer issues.
The following statements pertain to your ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships with poise, tact, resourcefulness, and judgment.
24. Establish professional relationships with staff, patients, families, and other organizations.
25. Work effectively with others.
26. Participate in required study meetings and conference calls.
27. Establish frequent personal contact in order to coordinate work efforts.
28. Receive telephone calls and direct to appropriate individuals.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
29. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Transcript Reminder - If you are basing your qualifications on education (or a combination of education and experience) you must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) or an appropriate course listing with your application.
Veteran's Preference Documentation Reminder - In order to receive appropriate preference consideration, you should submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicants claiming 10-Point preference should also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the SF-15 form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).
Resume Reminder - Your resume must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)