Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 802065
IRRIGATION SYSTEM OPERATOR, GS-0459-3/4/5
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (03-05) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to
verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation,
if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
Incumbent is required, as an incidental duty, to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License. If you answered "Yes" to question four, please submit a copy of your current Valid Drivers License with your application.
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-3 Irrigation System Operator.
All eligible applicants must meet the Individual Occupational Requirement, "Basic Requirement" for the (Irrigation System Operator, GS-459-4/5) in order to be considered for this position.You will be rated ineligible if your resume/application does not support the education/training/experience claimed.
6. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes meeting the basic entry requirements for the (Irrigation System Operator GS-4). Select only one letter. Resume submitted should clearly support your detailed work experience, as well as education.
7. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes meeting the basic entry requirements for the (Irrigation System Operator GS-5). Select only one letter. Resume
submitted should clearly support your detailed work experience, as well as education.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
8. Ensure water delivery to eligible water users.
9. Log all water requests pertaining to operations.
10. Communicate with water users involving maintenance and water deliver.
11. Resolve water disputes as it pertains to Irrigation operations, maintenance and water delivery.
12. Repair or replace structures in canals and laterals.
13. Schedule water for the different crops for appropriate utilization.
14. Dispurse amount of appropriate water each crop is required to yield a crop.
15. Prevent flooding of crops.
16. Utilize canal and structures for water delivery.
17. Locate beaver dams that cause water obstruction and take approptriate action as needed.
18. Clean debris out of the canal to prevent damage to equipment.
19. Unplugging of culverts for smooth flow of water delivery.
20. Maintain equipment usage and repair to prevent flooding of canals.
21. Perform various irrigation duties including dam operations, dam safety and early warning systems with little or no supervision.
22. Plan and schedule work activities for irrigation assignments requiring completion.
23. Maintain contact with water user for various assignments and water usage.
24. Cooperate with other agencies, co-workers and the public involved with irrigation.
25. Communicate both orally and in writing with water-users and land owners.
26. Utilize and read flow meters for water measurements.
27. Generate snow pack information data and other precipitation data from the internet.
28. Adjust laterals and canals to maintain irrigation water pressures.
29. Specify water needs for Irrigators during drought or limited water supply by weather.
30. Specify what a WEIR STICK is and what it is used for, and how it is used in measureing water.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
31. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.