Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Qualification Requirements for Program Specialist, GS-0301-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience, planning, organizing, and overseeing administrative and business services of an office to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Analyze plans to determine the impact on administrative processes and the feasibility of making modifications to accomplish mission requirements.
3. Develop recommendations and implement new or modified guidelines, work processes, and operations in order to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, or timeliness of work processes and information dissemination.
4. Provide guidance and technical assistance to staff on administrative support provided by the office (personnel, training, travel, procurement, conference logistics, and payroll).
5. Schedule work assignments, sets priorities, and coordinate the work of the staff to ensure effective use of resources.
6. Advise staff regarding policies, procedures and directives of higher-level management.
7. Meet with key customers and coordinating officials to assess customer satisfaction, explain organization policy and procedures and resolve problems that may arise.
8. Use a variety of software for electronic mail, calendars, spreadsheets, power point slides and databases.
9. Compile data and prepare administrative status reports for review at all levels.
10. Compile data on resource utilization, projections, and estimations using automated tracking systems and software.
11. Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to management in wide variety of management services areas with an emphasis on improving organizational efficiency and productivity
12. Communicate with various domestic and international organizations and individuals to collaborate in and coordinate relevant information exchange with members of division leadership.
13. Attend staff meetings to explain and interpret administrative policies and procedures.
14. Communicate via various written methods (e.g., e-mail, memoranda, etc.) with various domestic and international organizations and individuals to collaborate in and coordinate relevant information exchange with members of division leadership.
15. Develop policies for administrative and management requirements.
16. Develop guidelines, instructions and procedures for administrative and management requirements.
17. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.