The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government or Status for referral consideration. You are strongly encouraged to submit documentation to verify your eligibility. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
Please select one of the following eligibilities.
Current Federal - I am currently employed as a career or career-conditional employee in the competitive service or excepted service. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50 AND you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).A. Yes
30% Disabled Veteran AND NOT a current Federal Employee - I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; or a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more; AND my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable. NOTE: If you respond "yes" to this statement, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your DD Form 214 documenting final military discharge, release or retirement (your DD Form 214 must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any) and an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA), or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying that you have a service-connected disability of 30% or more along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
I am claiming Veteran's Preference AND NOT a current Federal Employee NOR a 30% Disabled Veteran. Please go to following link to determine whether or not you are eligible for preference. http://www.dol.gov/elaws/vets/vetpref/mservice.htm. NOTE: If you respond "yes" to this statement, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your DD Form 214 documenting final military discharge, release or retirement (your DD Form 214 must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any). *Not applicable to current federal employees.A. Yes
4. I am a US Citizen that does not meet any of the above criteriaA. Yes
1. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Security Specialist work at the GS-12 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service performing some or all of the following duties: (1) Researching policy and exchange agreements and recommending disclosure direction and information sharing strategies. (2) Providing guidance and recommendations to improve the overall security of a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF). (3) Evaluating the effectiveness of current security programs and processes.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your training and experience using the scale provided.
2. Maintain the integrity and protection of highly sensitive information programs under the security cognizance of a command.
3. Conduct security administrative duties to include providing support in the execution of preliminary inquiry reports of security violations, processing review papers, message traffic handling, and database management.
4. Plan and Initiate special projects by conducting special studies and performing security assessments and inspections to improve the overall security of the Command.
5. Provide guidance and decisions on the release and disclosure of classified and unclassified but sensitive information to foreign officials.
6. Provide guidance on policies, instructions, procedures, and control systems for original and derivative classification decisions.
7. Provide support to the command in the coordination and preparation of national disclosure policy inputs and responses to inquires and reports.
8. Support foreign disclosure processes by researching policy and exchange agreements and recommend disclosure direction and information sharing strategies.
9. Maintain foreign military relationships to include recommending information exchanges and disclosures.
10. Advise customers and leadership on security and disclosure concepts, principles, methodology, and practices.
11. Research and implement security and foreign disclosure policies and assesses the security posture of the command.
12. Prepare and disseminate instructional material and products to increase security awareness and reinforce compliance with security policy.
13. Participate in the curricula development and delivery of security awareness, education and training, and associated facility, equipment, and instructional materials required to support security awareness and training programs.
14. Analyze and identify security educational needs of the workforce and/or weaknesses in the program and provide recommended solutions.
15. Coordinate with other Classification Management Specialists in the Intelligence Community to resolve classification management issues and disseminate new guidance via training sessions.
16. Conduct analytical and benchmark studies to evaluate the effectiveness of current security programs and processes, the feasibility of future programs and development of planning efforts.
17. Conduct customer satisfaction surveys, evaluate feedback and adjust programs accordingly.
18. Provide technical advice and assistance regarding the establishment of comprehensive security awareness programs.
19. Assist in the coordination and execution of SCI contracts management program by providing guidance, procedures, and training throughout the Command to support contract and special access program requirements.
20. Maintain close working relationships with intelligence related contracting offices to provide security contract support.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
21. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.