The intent of the following question is to address Selective Service compliance. NOTE: Males age 25 and younger may register at any time. Refer to the Selective Service section of this announcement. PLEASE SELECT ONLY ONE RESPONSE FOR THIS QUESTION.
Are you a male applicant born after December 31, 1959?A. Yes
This next question is to address the Department of Defense’s policy on the employment of annuitants (people who retired from the Federal service). This policy is for civilians, not military retirees. Refer to the Reemployed Annuitant section of this announcement. Choose the response that is appropriate for you. PLEASE SELECT ONLY ONE RESPONSE FOR THIS QUESTION.A. I retired from the Federal Government under the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS).
3. This section will be used to determine if you possess the education and/or experience needed to basically qualify for this position. From the description below, choose the letter beside the statement that BEST describes your background relevant to this position. SELECT ONE LETTER ONLY. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN YOUR BEING RATED INELIGIBLE.A. I possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level to qualify for the GS-07 position. Examples of specialized experience includes but is not limited to: Develop and implement security systems and procedures that maximize security and minimize negative mission impact; Evaluates security devices for cost-effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Review designs; inspect facilities where sensitive material will be located.
5. Evaluates the effectiveness of existing security practices.
6. Assist in the recommendation and/or implementation of effective access control, and locking hardware for doors and windows.
7. Evaluates the cost benefit of various alternatives and recommends the acquisition of specific devices and equipment systems.
8. Conduct inspections of worksites for fulfillment of security system contracts on installations of systems.
9. Conducts research and studies to determine measures and procedures for enhancing the security of personnel, material and facilities on the installation.
10. Considers the most economical state of the art equipment to satisfy requirements during the planning, budgeting, and procurement phases.
11. Evaluates the cost/benefit of various alternatives and recommends the acquisition of specific security devices and equipment systems.
12. Provides technical advice and assistance to directors and commanders regarding access control matters within their respective areas of responsibility.
13. Provide training for the key and lock control program.
14. Advises facility security personnel on matters required with clear-cut explanations of regulations and procedures.
15. Provides input on physical security policies and ensures continuity, accuracy and conformance.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Information provided in the application process may be investigated. Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in being removed from consideration for this position. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
16. Certification of Information Accuracy. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information submitted by me in this application, supporting materials and/or information provided in any interview associated with the examination process are true and accurate; and that misrepresenting my experience or education, or providing false or fraudulent information, may be grounds for not hiring me, disciplinary action or termination; and that false or fraudulent statements may be punishable by fine or imprisonment (18 U.S.C. 1001).A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from consideration.