1. I have successfully completed (or will complete by June 30, 2013) a full four-year professional engineering curriculum leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in engineering from an accredited college or university that has an engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).A. Yes
2. I have successfully completed (or will complete by June 30, 2013) a full four-year professional engineering curriculum leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in engineering in an accredited college or university. The curriculum included differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.A. Yes
3. I have successfully passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination and completed all the requirements for a bachelor's degree in engineering technology (BET) from an accredited or university that included 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences.A. Yes
4. I am a registered Professional Engineer in the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, or any State in the U.S. The registration is based on a written examination given by the State Board, or is in the engineering specialty for which I am applying for (to receive credit, you must submit a copy of your registration with your application).A. Yes
5. I have completed (or will complete by June 30, 2013), at an accredited college or university, at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences that included courses as described in "2" above, and are acceptable toward a degree in professional engineering.A. Yes
6. I have successfully completed (or will complete by June 30, 2013) a four-year curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in a related scientific curriculum such as physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology. My work experience includes one or more years of professional engineering experience acquired under a professional engineering supervision and guidance.A. Yes
If you answered, "Yes" to question 6, type in the name, phone number, and/or other contact information of the individual that provided the professional engineering supervision.
7. I completed my engineering degree at a foreign college or university and the courses have been accepted for advanced credit in engineering by an accredited college or university in, or an organization recognized for specializing in the evaluation of foreign education has stated that my education is equivalent I will submit proof of this acceptance or evaluation with my application. (Note: If you are registered as a professional engineer in the US, and have professional engineering experience, you should answer Yes to "4.").A. Yes
8. I have a degree that meets the requirements for Superior Academic Achievement through one of the following methods or I have an engineering degree with a five year curriculum (Choose only one).A. 2.95 GPA overall or last 2 yrs (= 10% Pass/Fail)
9. I have one year of professional engineering experience in an appropriate field equivalent to GS-5 level work in the Federal service that has equipped me with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of an Engineer. Examples of qualifying experience includes duties such as: developing engineering test data; writing technical engineering reports; performing engineering calculations; analyzing technical information for accuracy; formulating test plans to ensure scientific accuracy; or other engineering tasks.A. Yes
10. I have one year of graduate education (18 semester hours) in engineering.A. Yes
11. I do not possess all of the professional experience described in question '9', nor do I possess all of the graduate education described in question '10'; however, I possess a combination of the required professional experience and graduate level of education to qualify for this position. (Only graduate education and only professional experience equivalent to the GS-5 or higher is creditable.)A. Yes
12. I have one year of professional engineering experience in an appropriate field equivalent to GS-7 level work in the Federal service that has equipped me with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of an Engineer. Examples of qualifying experience include duties such as: conducts cost estimates and feasibility studies; reviews design proposals; and reviews reports of failures and recommends remedial action.A. Yes
13. I possess a Masters degree in professional engineering or I have successfully completed (or will complete by June 30, 2013) two full years of progressively higher-level graduate education (36 semester hours) that leads to a Masters degree in the field of engineering or have a Masters Degree in Business Administration with a Bachelors in engineering.A. Yes
14. I do not possess all of the professional experience described in question '12', nor do I possess all of the graduate education described in question '13'; however, I possess a combination of the required professional experience and graduate level of education to qualify for this position. (Only graduate education and only professional experience equivalent to the GS-7 or higher is creditable.)A. Yes
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as is relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I do not have experience or demonstrated capability in performing this activity, but I am willing to learn.
15. Reading and interpreting charts, graphs, diagrams, or tables.
16. Explaining or justifying decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations.
17. Assisting in planning and conducting engineering and/or research projects.
18. Using technical drawings, specifications, or samples to produce objects, materials, or other products.
19. Determining or applying basic mathematical or statistical formulas or methods.
20. Developing theoretical models or approaches in field of expertise (for example, engineering models, computation models, growth and yield models, structural models).
For task statements 21 through 24, choose the response (A or B) from the list below that best describes your experience.A- Yes
21. Do you have Co-op or internship experience in your specific engineering field?
22. Have you made technical presentations to an audience, for the purpose of disseminating information/research findings?
23. Have you organized and managed your time to accomplish multiple concurrent tasks?
24. Have you performed engineering work in your field of study as a member of a project team?
25. What is the official academic title of the major for your Bachelors degree?A. Chemical Engineering
26. Please select the appropriate response below to indicate your eligibility for military spouse preference. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WILL RENDER YOU INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION FOR MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE (MSP).
A. I am claiming MSP based on the Permanent Change of Station (PCS) as a sponsored dependent. This position is in the commuting area of the new duty station. NOTE: As REQUIRED, I am attaching a copy of my military spouse’s orders authorizing dependents and documentation verifying my marriage (i.e., marriage license or other documentation) to the service member.
NARRATIVE: If you selected “A” above, please provide your sponsor’s duty location and report date.
27. Annuitant/Retiree - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
28. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this statement, have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.