1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Human Resource Specialist (Classification) work at the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that included applying HR policies and practices to HR position classification assignments; providing consulting services to management in order to identify position classification issues; and developing or preparing reports in support of classification analysis and evaluation.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Human Resource Specialist (Classification) work at the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service.
For each question/statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience and record your selections. Please select only one response for each item.A- I have not had experience in performing this task.
3. Apply comprehensive HR management to assist management in fulfilling HR responsibilities.
4. Classify and prepare documents for position within the General Schedule System.
5. Conduct classification of positions that involve more than one series or specialization that require evaluation by more than one related classification standard or guides.
6. Review clasification actions and provide guidance on complex issues.
7. Prepare classification appeal cases for adjudication by either HHS or OPM.
8. Perform classification duties on complex positions to include interdisciplinary positions.
9. Utilize standards to classify professional and scientific positions.
10. Conduct classification position reviews and desk audits and prepare all required written reports of findings and determinations.
11. Utilize the appropriate guide to classify research positions.
12. Provide advisory services for classifications and classifies high grade or politically sensitive jobs.
13. Provide information to management on productivity and efficiency achieved through organizational structure, position mix, and work processes.
14. Respond to inquiries, requests for information, explanation of complex concepts in evaluation of classification factors.
15. Resolve problems involving consideration of the total HR management program.