Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Medical Officer, GS-602-15A. I have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).]
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Additional Minimum Qualification Requirements for Medical Officer, GS-602-15.A. I have at least five years of residency training to plan and experience advising and performing scientific work that encompasses [a diverse programmatic portfolio] in fields including public health, medical science, epidemiology, laboratory science, health economics and behavioral science.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Serve as the primary medical and scientific advisor to the CIO Director and other senior staffs on complex and often controversial science issues in public health, medical science, epidemiology, biostatistics, economics, and behavioral science.
4. Ensure that all CIO scientific research, publications and communications meet the highest standards of quality and integrity and adhere to federal and agency science regulations and policies.
5. Provide scientific expertise in the development and execution of research projects including performing assessments to provide recommendations and to approve research proposals and research study designs.
6. Prepare recommendations to the CIO Director on the appropriateness of proposed projects to ensure consistency with the CIO mission and recommends priorities, schedules and resource allocation for scientific projects.
7. Collaborate with leaders and scientists in other CIOs, federal agencies and non-governmental partner organizations.
8. Identify and encourages cross-CIO research collaborations and innovations.
9. Provide medical and scientific consultation and technical assistance to CIO staffs and non-governmental partner organizations in the conduct of science related to CIO activities and programs.
10. Monitor scientific quality assurance and compliance programs including peer review processes, human subject protocols to ensure quality research activities.
11. Facilitate and develop short/long range plans to align CIO activities with CDC and CIO goals, objectives and policies.
12. Represent CDC in matters of science in appearances before Congress international forums, and other institutions such as the World Health Organization and the Pan American Health Organization.
13. Establish intramural partnerships ensuring integration of CIO activities with CDC's broader scientific enterprise.
14. Establish extramural partnerships with other governmental agencies to reduce research redundancies and leverage limited resources.
15. Establish extramural partnerships with non-governmental organizations to advance the CIO mission.
16. Supervise subordinate staffs - assigns, monitors and evaluates work assignments; and assures adherence to personnel policies, training requirements and administrative matters.
17. May interview and recommend appointment, promotion or reassignment of employees.
18. Resolve complaints and conflict in the workplace and enact disciplinary measures, if needed.
19. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.