Read the statements below to determine what options (01 and/or 02) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
01 Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
02 Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your education related to this position.A. Successful completion of a four year course of study leading to a Bachelor's or higher degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming. (You must submit transcript at time of application submission)
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to this position.A. I possess one year of experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service, providing expert advice and guidance on egg production and egg product safety policies and procedures; negotiating and resolving difficult problems related to egg production and egg product activities; and participating in various meetings and conferences relating to compliance issues.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Serve as the program expert on inspection and investigation methods and procedures.
4. Conduct investigations recommending necessary compliance actions.
5. Evaluate chronology of evidence contained in inspectional and analytical reports and past history.
6. Provide authoritative guidance related to poultry science and technology.
7. Identify areas for further study or improvements in egg production and egg safety.
8. Recommend course of action to senior level officials on program issues.
9. Research the most recent scientific developments to develop research plans.
10. Identify and assess emerging, standing, complex, or precedent-setting issues affecting procedures, policies, activities, or resources.
11. Draft responses to correspondence from within and outside the agency.
12. Prepare position papers, backgrounders, and/or briefing materials for senior management.
13. Modify and/or develop future policies and programs.
14. Draft final regulations and/or international standards.
15. Draft responses to public comments received on proposed regulations and/or international standards.
16. Recommend the need for new or modified regulations and legislations.
17. Recommend course of action to senior level officials on program issues.
18. Provide support to working groups establishing new or receiving regulations, procedures and programs having national and international impact.
19. Present egg safety information to a wide range of audiences.