Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Information Technology Specialist (Policy/Planning), GS-2210-14.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Apply government policies and standards in the design and implementation of information technology systems, applications, and databases.
3. Ensure all systems comply with federal, HHS, and CDC standards, policies and procedures.
4. Assimilate information from evaluation activities to improve the operations, systems and procedures which involve the latest developments in information technology and business practices.
5. Develop, designed, and supported systems and applications.
6. Work with end users and system owners to throughout the Info Tech and IT acquisition lifecycles.
7. Provide managerial direction to a team of subject matter experts, technical specialists and support staff to produce business and project plans.
8. Evaluate and recommend state-of-the-art tools to achieve the most efficient utilization of IT resources.
9. Provide specialized expertise in IT development, implementation, and support of complex, agency-wide projects.
10. Provide expert leadership, advice, and counsel to technical teams responsible for program and agency-wide applications and systems; and the underlying technologies, tools, approaches to conduct these responsibilities.
11. Use project management concepts, methods, and tools.
12. Design and develop applications, systems, and databases to meet customer requirements, specifications, and expectations.
13. Coordinate with programs and supports IT projects with critical IT mission requirements.
14. Apply technical policies to standards, protocols and other project management techniques with programs to implement IT systems.
15. Determine, in consultation with programs, new and innovative approaches to solve IT systems problems.
16. Coordinate with programs IT projects at enterprise level through cross-agency information technology programs, activities, and functions.
17. Develop and manages effective working relationships with other organizations, departments, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
18. Serve as coach, facilitator and/or negotiator in coordinating program initiatives and in consensus building activities among program team members.
19. Research, learn and apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze and improve program team effectiveness, efficiency and work products.
20. Collaborate with the appropriate internal and external organizations and teams to develop and maintain a plan that supports organizational needs in support of enterprise-wide applications.
21. Facilitate the support of systems which are designed to provide information in a timely and efficient manner at the lowest possible cost to IT and the customer.
22. Support the overall mission at the enterprise level and assures overall business and operational success from an agency-wide and program IT perspective.
23. Maintain ongoing working relationships with information technology management, peers, internal/external stakeholders, and customers regarding systems, software programs and IT equipment
24. Ensure that programs are communicating with each other on like problems related to the vehicle and/or mechanism being utilized.
25. Ensure programs stays up to date on other's activities, know what others are working on, ask questions from an enterprise point of view, and build on projects, tasks and ideas together.
26. Support cross-agency programs, staff, and personnel to ensure they stay in the loop on each other's projects, and alerts programs when cross-program guidance, instructions, actions, plans, and activities are needed.
27. Serve as a conduit to alert the entire enterprise of something important, such as, change in technology, approach, or method.
28. Develop and manages effective working relationships with programs, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
29. Provide team direction and oversight for production support and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) activities of enterprise-wide systems and system interfaces with other agency and partner enterprise infrastructure and services.
30. Articulate and communicate to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
31. Coach the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques, provide advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and assist the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
32. Lead the team in: identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization; making adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks; and ensuring that each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
33. Analyze and evaluates, on a quantitative or qualitative basis, the effectiveness of IT contracting programs or operations in meeting goals and objectives
34. Apply comprehensive knowledge of contracting, business, information technology, and financial management principles.
35. Present status documents and periodic reviews to Senior Management and others on progress toward IT contracting project/program objectives.
36. Provide program management of information technology contracted support services related to one or more of the following areas: Application Management Systems, Integrated Services Support, Software Engineering, and supporting technologies, tools, and processes required for high quality, effective, reliable systems and information products.
37. Provide input to the senior management team in governance processes of the organization's Info Tech implementation and support, in conjunction with the Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC), and other federal policies.
38. Promote coordination and effectiveness by facilitating discussions and exchange of opinions among management and staff with diverse viewpoints and conflicting interests.
39. Develop reports, analyses, guidelines, procedures, and presentations for program staff, senior management, and COTRs meetings.
40. Advise and counsels managers, staff, and contractors related to project management as it relates to information technology.
41. Present reports of accomplishments and information, as required, and coordinate the preparation, presentation and communication of work-related information to the supervisor.
42. Develop and communicate business/technology information to end users, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
43. Provide enterprise wide communications regarding organizational changes to enterprise applications, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
44. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.