Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education that meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Public Health Advisor, GS-0685-15.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Develop and design program plans that adhere to programmatic direction funding requirements and leadership priorities.
3. Coordinate program planning with national initiatives and special activities.
4. Provide technical assistance and guidance to public health staff.
5. Conduct routine assessments to monitor program progress and to inform ongoing program planning and development, with particular emphasis on state, tribal, local or territorial needs and concerns.
6. Identify areas for potential improvement and offer appropriate resources, methods and systems to accomplish such improvements.
7. Evaluate program performance through existing tracking systems, incorporating the perspectives of state, tribal, local and territorial and other public health partners.
8. Respond to requests for information about program performance.
9. Engage appropriate scientific, management and programmatic staff in crafting messages, response, and other materials.
10. Utilize program plans to manage and track established projects, new initiatives, special activities and other programs impacting public health.
11. Implement projects based on effective analysis of operational environment and programmatic requirements.
12. Employ standard practices to complete tasks in accordance with project schedules
13. Identify potential programmatic risks and develop solutions to solve programmatic problems.
14. Apply sound strategies including identifying and recommending solutions to program issues.
15. Write effectively in formal and informal communications, leveraging the appropriate vehicle for that communication such as reports, correspondence, email, web-based forums, presentations and other formats.
16. Organize written communications for clarity and in priority of program requirements.
17. Develop quality written reports, summaries and recommendations that form the basis of management decisions.
18. Manage geographically distributed relationships using multiple mediums and communication styles.
19. Present and discuss formal and informal status and resolution of programmatic issues, concerns and successes, as appropriate for the intended audience.
20. Maintain awareness of concerns expressed verbally to effectively listen and respond to messages and issues.
21. Ensure that messages are clear, concise and credible when communicating with internal and external partners, colleagues and team members.
22. Collaborate with subject matter experts and other staff and partners to develop quick responses to inquiries and concerns.
23. Establish and maintain effective and diplomatic working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
24. Coordinate implementation with internal and external partners to effectively leverage resources and maintain functional relationships.
25. Develop and implement staffing plans that support the goals and priorities of the Division, CIO, and CDC.
26. Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, considering difficulty and requirements of assignments as well as the capabilities of employees.
27. Identify and implement ways to improve productivity of Division staff and/or the quality of their work.
28. Identify and implement ways to improve productivity of Division staff and/or the quality of their work.
29. Resolve conflicts through mutually acceptable compromises.
30. Recommend or implements disciplinary measures.
31. Demonstrate and cohesive collaboration across organizational units.
32. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.