Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 803438
BUDGET ANALYST, GS-0560-9/11/12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website:
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
INSTRUCTIONS: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
Respond to the following questions. Choose the response that best represents your education, experience, and training. Mark only one response. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your application or resume, transcripts, or and information provided by your references. For more information, go to:
4. Please select the one response that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Budget Analyst.
5. Please select the one response that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Budget Analyst.
6. Please select the one response that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Budget Analyst.
For each of the following statements, choose the one answer that best describes your education and experience in relation to that statement/
7. Monitor and track obligations and expenditures for organizational functions.
8. Verify that obligations and expenditures are in accordance with annual work plan and regulatory controls.
9. Verify that obligations and expenditures are within amounts programmed.
10. Develop new methods and techniques of budgeting for the forecasting of multi-year funding to assure planning and continuance of major programs of the agencies.
11. Provide guidance and oversight of a full range of budgetary functions and duties associated with all phases of the budget process (e.g. formulation, justification, presentation, and execution).
12. Determine whether estimates of funding needs and requests for allotments are in line with program plans and work methods.
13. Formulate and revise annual budget estimates.
14. Provide procedural guidance concerning the format for submission of annual estimates of funding needs.
15. Review estimates submitted by program managers for compliance with rules, regulations, and procedures.
16. Review budget proposals and projected expenditures of funds to ensure that fund utilization is within legal limits (i.e. Appropriation Law).
17. Apply knowledge of Public Law 93-638 to the utilization and obligation of funds for federally recognized Tribes, tribal groups, and/or consortiums.
18. Apply statistical formulas to budgetary data.
19. Assist in preparing financial data for use in national level budgetary issues to senior level agency officials for review and evaluation of program funding.
20. Utilize automated spreadsheet software (i.e. tracking, monitoring, or inputting data).
21. Prepare and present informational material on budgetary issues to senior level agency officials for review and evaluation of program funding.
22. Communicate budgetary information to internal audiences.
23. Contact others orally to obtain information
24. Respond orally to inquiries or requests for information and collaborate with others or works on teams to accomplish work-related activities.
25. Prepare correspondence, reports and other written materials regarding to budgetary and financial data for a specialized audience or for wide distribution.
26. Prepare a variety of technical correspondence and reports.
27. Prepare information and procedures for budget execution.
28. Complete complex assignments or decisions under limited time constraints.
29. Have you utilized automated databases to prepare data summaries for inclusion on reports on budget execution?
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
30. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veteran's or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.