1. From the directions below, (A though D), select one response that best describes how your background meets the basic experience or education requirements for a Park Ranger (Sculptor), GS-0025-05 position. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position.
Figurative Sculptural Processes and Techniques
2. In addition to the minimum qualifications described above, selectee must have demonstrated experience of figurative sculptural processes and techniques. Please select the response below that best describes your qualifications in this area. If you do not meet the requirements of this selective factor, you will be rated ineligible for this position. Your resume must clearly support your response. If this is not documented in your resume no matter if you select A you will be found ineligible. Please document your experience in the resume.
Teaching classes by providing knowledge and experience relating to figurative sculptural techniques.
3. In addition to the minimum qualifications described above, selectee must have experience in teaching of figurative sculptural processes and techniques in a workshop or classroom environment. Please select the response below that best describes your qualifications in this area. If you do not meet the requirements of this selective factor, you will be rated ineligible for this position. Your resume must clearly support your response. If this is not documented in your resume no matter if you select A you will be found ineligible. Please document your experience in the resume.
Ability to communicate orally to diverse groups and in a variety of settings.
For the "questions" below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
4. Present informational talks, guided tours, briefings, and/or lectures to various audiences to inform or educate.
5. Respond verbally to customers' inquiries for information, direction, and/or guidance.
6. Initiate verbal communication with customers in a variety of settings to inform, educate, and/or guide.
7. Promote an organization's programs and services to encourage public interest.
8. Deliver interpretive information about sculpture that requires the adaptation of methods or techniques to meet the needs of diverse audiences (different ages, levels of knowledge or understanding of the subject), or interest levels.
9. Show understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern; relate well to people from varied backgrounds and situations.
10. Facilitate through interpretation the opportunity for visitors to make meaningful, personal connections with park resources (tangibles).
11. Present interpretive talks or guided tours in a museum, gallery, or private collection.
12. Utilize a variety of interpretive techniques (such as metaphors, storytelling, analogies) to deliver information to diverse audiences.
Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service (Interpersonal skills).
13. Assess customer needs to provide appropriate levels of information or assistance.
14. Provide direction to, information on, and orientation regarding services or activities of interest to the public.
15. Serve as a front-line representative of an organization to greet customers and answer questions.
16. Direct customers with problems, questions, or complaints to the appropriate person.
17. Educate customers regarding rules, regulations, and safety concerns to gain compliance.
Ability to research, develop and teach a variety of formal and structured thematic interpretive classes and workshops.
18. Conduct formal and informal interpretive programs on figurative sculptural techniques and processes.
19. Prepare sketches, drawings, models, piece molds and casting in plaster.
20. Conduct demonstrations on the Lost Wax casting process and mold making.
21. Interpret various figurative sculptural processes; creation of works in plaster, clay and bronze.
22. Develop workshops about the figurative and/or relief sculpture process.
23. Conduct sculpting workshops in conjunction with teacher's established lesson plans for school groups.
24. Teach basic sculptural processes.
25. Write narrative text about figurative sculpting for handouts and/or exhibits.
26. Research scientific, technical, and/or historical sources to develop information and educational programs.
27. Provide information to the public about cultural and historical oriented topics to answer questions, stimulate their interest and appreciation.
28. Utilize interpretive principles (such as tangible resources, intangible resources, universal concepts) to facilitate intellectual and/or emotional connections between audiences' interests and their surroundings.
29. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/ agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.