Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting informaiton either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Department of the Navy Civilian Employee - I am currently employed in the Department of the Navy (Navy or Marine Corps) as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34), or, I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34) in Department of the Navy. Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. For Veteras' Preference eligibility requirements visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- 2) is a Veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume MUST include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
5. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
6. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. Do you have one year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-13) in the Federal service advising on financial management and budget policies, plans and programs; establishing internal controls for funds; and establishing and maintaining financial management systems?A. Yes, I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade as described above.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop and implement integrated execution and budget performance planning in the execution of budgeted resources.
3. Develop and apply fiscal management policies to budget execution process.
4. Advise headquarters and field level organizations on accounting and financial processes in the execution of program resources.
5. Oversee and review the reconciliation of financial accounts in preparation for monthly, quarterly and year-end closeout at the appropriation, program and activity levels.
6. Monitor and analyze budget and execution performance to meet associated financial metrics; such as, obligations, expenditures, payroll and personnel levels.
7. Determine funding authorizations in accordance with approved budget levels by appropriation, program and other budget execution elements.
8. Ensure funding authorizations are in compliance with approved budget levels by appropriation, program and other budget execution elements.
9. Monitor, analyze and reconcile multiple financial accounts in preparation for monthly, quarterly and year-end closeout at the appropriation, budget activity, program element, program, activity and Headquarters/Command levels.
10. Serve as technical expert for financial processes and transactions as part of Audit Readiness efforts.
11. Analyze and report on financial transactions in response to Audit Review of Internal Controls.
12. Develop standard operating procedures to improve internal control of financial processes and Financial Improvement Program Strategies
13. Evaluate internal control processes to determine effectiveness and recommend program changes.
14. Serve as subject matter expert for System Administration (SA) to financial community to ensure system and process standardization.
15. Evaluate the existing system of internal controls to determine the level of system reliability.
16. Utilize Electronic Commerce type systems for payments to vendors and civilian personnel for contracts, miscellaneous and travel type payments.
17. Utilize budget, funds control and civilian personnel management systems to determine the impact of financial management solutions and analysis of data to provide advice to senior management.
18. Provide briefs for senior managers on program execution.
19. Advise on accounting and financial policies, regulations and principles on new mandates and high visibility issues.
20. Make recommendations to correct program variances or problem areas.
21. Guide management in the development of financial requirements in adherence with command policies and procedures.
22. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.