Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 803173
Agricultural Engineer, GS-0890-13
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
INSTRUCTIONS: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
3. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
4. The incumbent of this position is required to operate a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental duty and must possess a valid Driver's License. Do you possess a valid State Driver's License?A. Yes, I certify that I possess a valid State Driver's License.
5. Carefully read the following description of basic requirements. Select the one that best describes your education requirement for the General Engineer position. Make sure your resume support your response that you select. A copy of your college or university transcript(s) must be provided.A. I have a degree in professional engineering. Curriculum must (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of specialized experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-13 Agricultural Engineer position. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level which involves managing, plan, organizing, direct, coordinate and evaluate all activities of the Irrigation Project. Examples of specialized experience may include to manage project Operations & Maintenance activities associated with pre-season, water delivery season, and post season; direct and provide technical agricultural engineering assistance in support of the project engineering and design requirements; manage and monitor the Project's budget; deal effectively with complex and sensitive issues that affect project operation, i.e., Indian and non-Indian relationships, water rights issues, tribal/Federal jurisdictional concerns and rights-of-way.
INSTRUCTIONS: For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Develop and plan programs to meet Irrigation Project's organization needs, to conserve and utilize program resources to ensure maximum performance from program level resources.
8. Manage Irrigation Project which are authorized by Federal law and carried out by subordinate personnel of the Project.
9. Coordinate Irrigation Project program efforts by providing general supervision and guidance of Project's complex functions and programs.
10. Manage, lead and furnish administrative support for Project Irrigation to further the efficiency and effectiveness of services provided under Project jurisdiction.
11. Accountable for federal funds, manpower and property allocated to the Project for accomplishing its responsibilities.
12. Manage, review, and approve Project Irrigation goals and objectives, ensuring that programs are carried out accordingly and with budgetary constraints.
13. Protect, conserve, rehabilitate, utilize and mange Project Irrigation resources in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and policies.
14. Comply with the 25 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 171, Irrigation Operations and Maintenance for Project Irrigation program projects.
15. Serve as Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) on engineering and/or construction contracts.
16. Use engineering design concepts and standards to repair or replace of irrigation systems, i.e., hydraulic, hydrology, construction material characteristics, engineering economics, and soil characteristics.
17. Comply with the National Information Management System (NIIMS) to complete billing and collections for Project Irrigation program.
18. Execute personnel management, procurement plans, property management, and job safety rules and regulations relative to Project wide program functions.
19. Serve as Awarding Official Technical Representative (AOTR) on Irrigation contracts.
20. Coordinate, mediate and negotiate with local, State, Tribal government to assure Project missions are accomplished and goals are achieved.
21. Present findings of studies, suggestions for improvement, and recommendations to management official to obtain necessary approval in making program changes.
22. Consult with local, State, Tribal government leaders and representatives on Project programs and development of to secure Rights-of-Way for project operations.
23. Participate with all levels of officials in the formulation of overall programs and policies for the Project.
24. Formulate oral presentations to discuss project details and evaluate progress.
25. Formulate written presentations to discuss project details and evaluate progress.
26. Update project operations and maintenance document to reflect administrative and organizational changes.
27. Develop annual maintenance plans for repair and rehabilitation to Regional Engineer.
28. Work with different parts of the organization to develop operational plans.
29. Carry out internal control responsibilities of the Irrigation Operations and Maintenance.
30. Assist individual workers with job-related problems.
31. Recommend solutions to critical or sensitive problems.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not electing you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
INSTRUCTIONS: NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF-50s) is received and is accurate.