Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: TAG:VacancyID
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (TAG:Beginning Grade-TAG:Ending Grade) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. Do you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade lever (GS14) which is directly related to this line of work? Examples of specialized experience are: Supervises a staff of telecommunications and data network specialists; plans, assigns, and reviews the work of subordinates; establishes performance plans and evaluates performance; determines long and short range data interchange and telecommunications; ensures global network needs are met in the most responsive, effective, and efficient manner. Applicant MUST have experiencing in planning and managing satellite, telecommunications, AND data networks that support audio, video and data distribution operations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Do you have experience in migrating large scale audio/video broadcast distribution networks from circuit switched technologies (satellites and other telecommunications circuits) to packet switched networks (Internet and MPLS)?
3. Do you have experience in providing leadership to the data networking and telecommunications community?
4. Do you have experience in overseeing the establishment of training for telecommunications and data network staff?
5. Do you have experience in writing Standard Operating Procedures for day-to-day operation?
6. Do you have experience in overseeing the development and integration of various data networks, satellite systems, and other subsystems that comprise advanced global telecommunications and data networks?
7. Do you understand advanced theories, principles, and concepts of data networking and telecommunications?
8. Do you have experience in planning and directing the design, development, installation, testing, and operational support of a variety of networks delivering multimedia programming throughout the world?
9. Do you understand 24/7/365 network and telecommunications control centers and operation?
10. Do you have experience in establishing performance and operational requirements and standards for technical equipment used in development of systems used in the global network?