Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Lead Public Health Analyst (Policy), GS-0685-14.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop strategic approaches to work that incorporate long-term vision and direction setting to ensure goals and objectives of those plans are met.
3. Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, considering difficulty and requirements of assignments as well as the capabilities of employees to ensure the organization operates effectively and efficiently.
4. Develop ways to improve productivity and increase the quality of the work through performance standards and evaluations of subordinates to ensure organizational goals and objectives are being met.
5. Respond to Congressional/Executive Branch inquiries and correspondence requesting information of CDC strategies, programs, and responses to public health challenges; data; and, issues to best represent the organization.
6. Participate in briefings, hearings, and visits involving Members of Congress, Congressional staff and Executive Branch staff levels to identify appropriate subject matter experts (SME) that address talking points and/or testimony related to public health activities.
7. Analyze public health legislation, issues, executive directives, and other statements of policy with the potential to impact the activities of the division.
8. Responsible for ensuring that budget requests reflect the organization's priorities and they are consistent with CDC/ATSDR priorities.
9. Coordinate the collection of relevant data to respond to complex Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
10. Serve as subject matter expert for reporting to Government Accountability Office (GAO).
11. Provide leadership, expert technical advice, and coordination in policy research and policy development to influence public health practice.
12. Stay abreast of program activities, issues and environmental threats to address agency position and credibility on relevant policies and practices.
13. Identify and define emerging or cross-cutting issues to develop plans that support and advance actions related to public affairs.
14. Organize and conduct briefings to senior leadership on potentially difficult or contentious issues, ensuring appropriate information is shared and organizational units are working together.
15. Prepare written analytic reports in support of major evaluation programs and initiatives for use by the organization's leadership, state and local public health, and other key partners.
16. Collaborate with various offices throughout CDC, including other governmental offices and public health agencies to represent the organization's mission and vision.
17. Represent the division as a primary and credible source of information regarding policies and activities related to the CDC/ATSDR core business to ensure maximum public health impact.
18. Build linkages and foster joint projects of mutual interest throughout CDC/ATSDR, partners, communities and national organizations to better advance the organization's goals.
19. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.