Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: TAG:VacancyID
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (TAG:Beginning Grade-TAG:Ending Grade) you will accept.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about the opportunity at our agency.
If you have selected "News Paper" or "Other", please provide us with the name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. Do you possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-12 level that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience is defined as having mastery of knowledge of information and network system processes, policies and standards. MUST have certification in Windows Servers Network, Virtualization infrastructure and demonstrated experience with Anti-Censorship tools and demonstrated technical expertise to manage and implement the Windows 2008 servers in a virtual environment. Knowledge of digital broadcasting and how they integrate with the network is desirable.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Experience working with a Squid Proxy Server.
3. Ability to apply information Security standards in accordance to (ISC)2 and CISSP.
4. Experience in the administration of a MAC OS X Server farm and XSAN storage network.
5. Experience with digital broadcasting equipment and how they integrate with the network.
6. Experience with common protocols like DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, and Telnet.
7. Demonstrated ability to start and finish a project, including documentation.
8. Knowledge of the interrelationships of multiple IT disciplines to ensure the integration of programs and services across IT disciplines and to develop solutions to integration/interoperability issues.
9. Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Microsoft, and Cisco/Enterasys operating systems, including system administrative practices.
10. Ability to monitor the network using a variety of tools like Solar Winds Orion Network Performance Monitor, Fluke Networks OptiView Tablet, and GFI LanGuard.
11. Skill in oral and written communication to prepare and present briefings to senior management officials on complex/controversial issues.
12. Ability to manage, maintain and use a virtual environment like VMWare vSphere.