1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy: If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one statement that most closely describes your highest level of education/experience. Read all responses prior to making your selection. Your resume must support your response.
Instructions: For task statements 3 through 22, select the response (A-E) from the list that best describes your experience and/or training. Select only one response per statement. Ensure your application supports all of your responses.
3. Operate the water treatment plant in compliance with all EPA regulations, including the Safe Water Drinking Act (SWDA) and the Surface Water Treatment Rule (SWTR).
4. Operate water pumping stations to maintain proper pressures and storage tank levels throughout the water distribution system.
5. Operate and monitor sewage collection systems.
6. Perform water treatment tests and measurements that require a working knowledge of microbiological organisms.
7. Make decisions based on changing conditions of the water system.
8. Measure and introduce chemicals and compounds into the water system.
9. Operate the pump room to maintain proper water levels in the filters, clearwell and distribution tanks.
10. Assist maintenance personnel in the change out of chlorine cylinders.
11. Backwash filters after according to schedule.
12. Comply with proper lockout/tagout procedures when working on equipment.
13. Record readings at designated intervals on daily log sheets.
14. Adjust alum and polymer feeds to meet raw water turbidities.
15. Test water for fluoride and phosphate residuals.
16. Test water for pre and post chlorine residuals and turbidities.
17. Record readings for lake and finished water temperatures.
18. Record power plant meter readings, low and high lift pump run times, filter run times, sewage pump readings and chemical scale readings.
19. Adhere to safety and security procedures and regulations and promptly report any observed or identified violations in accordance with established guidelines.
20. Conduct tests and measurements within prescribed state and federal standards.
21. Conduct periodic inspection of water treatment plant to ensure proper operation of plant.
22. Inspect work areas to ensure that they meet health, safety or sanitation standards or codes.