1. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Security Specialist work at the GS-09 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service performing the following duties: gathering information about room and building configurations; reviewing the adequacy of security intrusion detection systems and devices; experience performing law enforcement duties;and preparing straight-forward reports regarding inspections and/or incidents;
2. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Security Specialist work at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service performing the following duties: compile, analyze, and summarize information relating to the physical security requirements needed to safeguard facilities, property, and personnel; develop plans for approaches that may be taken; define the level of risk involved for each phase; experience performing law enforcement duties;and present recommendations orally and/or in writing for a course of action to meet assigned objectives.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Write your selection in the margin of the corresponding to that statement. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Analyze security controls to evaluate the effectiveness of existing security practices.
4. Inspect operating security programs for adequacy, efficiency, and need for improvement.
5. Ensure protection of property and personnel during disturbances, disasters and emergencies.
6. Implement security methods and procedures, including state-of-the-art intrusion detection systems and devices.
7. Conduct facility assessment to evaluate risk and levels of protection available.
8. Identify vulnerabilities with elements of new or existing security programs.
9. Assess situations complicated by conflicting or insufficient data, evidence, or testimony.
10. Determine devices needed to resolve complex security problems.
11. Resolve problems concerning guard force operations.
12. Verify compliance with the terms and conditions of service contracts.
13. Initiate corrective action to mitigate security threats.
14. Keep supervisor informed of progress and potentially controversial matters.
15. Provide guidance and direction to subordinate staff as needed.
16. Meet with protective detail agents to establish secure routes for the proctee.
17. Develop written policies and instructions for use locally.
18. Report written findings, with recommendation, to supervisor for consideration.
19. Notify appropriate staff of all incidents affective personnel and/or facilities.