Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Section Chief)
Vacancy ID: 805405 Announcement Number: DAL-INV-805405-MP-ET USAJOBS Control Number: 333474800Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Section Chief)
Are you a citizen of the United States?
001 Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Section Chief)
110010001 Washington DC, DC
510100013 Arlington, VA
510425059 Chantilly, VA
510900600 Fairfax, VA
511457059 Lorton, VA
511520059 McLean, VA
512128013 Rosslyn, VA
512480059 Tysons Corner, VA
Transition Assistance Plan
The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am currently employed with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement as a permanent Criminal Investigator GS-1811-14 within the local commuting area with competitive status.
B. I am NOT a current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at the GS-1811-14 level within the local commuting area with competitive status.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have experience as a Criminal Investigator, GS-1811-14 (permanent), with the Federal government.
B. I do not possess the experience as described above.
If you chose response A in the previous question, you must provide the Position Title and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates this experience. If you chose any other response, indicate "not applicable".
3. Conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, as outlined in the vacancy announcement, is disqualifying. A misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is any offense involving the use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former domestic partner, parent, or guardian of the victim. Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?A. Yes
4. Have you had a felony conviction?A. Yes
5. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
6. Do you have a current valid state driver's license?A. Yes
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
7. Indicate the extent of your experience in developing planning and preparing schedules.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
B. I have had limited experience in planning or preparing schedules either for my operational group or for brief periods of time.
C. I have planned and scheduled the day -to-day work unit on a continuous basis.
D. I have performed mid- to long-range planning and scheduling of work for my immediate work unit when there were complicating factors (for example, conflicting priorities, work involving multiple disciplines).
E. I have directed and overseen the planning and scheduling of work for a multi-unit organization. I have established criteria and priorities and reviewed, amended, and consolidated the plans developed by subordinates.
8. Indicate the extent of your experience in tracking and controlling a budget and budget expenditures. (For example, Title III investigations, Certified Undercover Operations, State & Local Overtime, or Worksite Enforcement operations).A. I have had no training or experience in performing these tasks.
B. I have determined costs to support these operations.
C. I have tracked budget transactions and approved budget requests in an organization.
D. I have overseen, reviewed, and approved budget requests and expenditures for large operations and enforcement actions.
Indicate the extent of your experience in assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, requirements of assignments, and capabilities of the employees.A. I have had no experience or training in performing this task.
B. I have had some experience in assigning work as a team leader or an acting supervisor.
C. I have had experience as a supervisor in assigning work to subordinates and adjusting those assignments based on changing priorities and demonstrated skills of employees.
D. I have had experience as a second or third-level supervisor in assigning program and project responsibilities to subordinate units.
10. Indicate the extent to which you have prepared budget justifications based on staffing, facilities, and equipment in support of special operations funding, Title III, Certified Undercover Operations, Worksite Enforcement operations, OCDETF, or HIDTA.A. I have had limited training or experience in performing this task.
B. I have reviewed budget requests and tracked transactions to support or justify obligations, taking into account staffing, facilities, and equipment.
C. I have developed and prepared budgets, budget requests, and proposed expenditures to support a department's mission, taking into account staffing, facilities, and equipment.
D. I have had oversight, within delegated levels of approval, over budgets that supported the agency's mission.
11. Indicate the extent of your knowledge and experience in labor and employee relations.A. I have had limited training or experience in labor and employee relations.
B. I have had some experience in dealing with labor and employee relations issues (for example, performance and conduct issues), and I am knowledgeable of relevant contract provisions and personnel regulations.
C. I have had experience in dealing with contract and/or administrative grievances, or the informal or formal resolution of disciplinary actions.
D. I have had extensive experience with grievances, arbitrations, negotiations, mediations, and performance or conduct issues, including performance improvement plans.
12. Indicate the extent of your experience in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.A. I have had limited experience in performing this task.
B. I have had some experience, gained while serving as a team leader or acting supervisor, in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.
C. I have had extensive experience, gained as a supervisor/manager, in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending their work.
13. Select the choice which best describes your ability to communicate, orally and writing, with all levels of managers, staff members, and outside groups.A. I have communicated with other staff members and managers in the routine performance of my duties.
B. I have conducted meetings with and provided training for staff members or outside groups.
C. I have presented briefings on program areas to higher-level managers or internal/external organizations or agencies.
D. I have represented a program or organization in high level conferences and/or meetings or acted as a liaison to other internal/external organizations or agencies.
14. Have you met/negotiated with various parties to help resolve grievances/appeals?A. Yes