1. Please read the following question carefully and select the one response that best describes your education as it pertains to the basic requirements for an Epidemiologist GS-601 position. You must select one response. Remember, if your answer is 'A' below, you MUST provide a copy of your college transcript.A. I have a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position, such as biochemistry, pharmacology, chemistry, epidemiology, or other related biological and medical sciences. (You must submit transcript at time of application submission)
2. Please read the following question carefully and select the one response that best describes your experience as it pertains to the specialized experience required for this Epidemiologist GS-601-14 position. Your response will be verified for accuracy. You must select one response.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or higher in the Federal service that included: designing and conducting epidemiologic studies; applying research findings from epidemiologic studies to resolve epidemiologic issues; and providing technical guidance to others in applying statistical and epidemiologic techniques to analyze study findings.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experience you have had that is related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the level descriptions listed below. For each statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience and record your selection.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Provide technical guidance in statistical and/or epidemiologic techniques to evaluate post-marketing drug safety issues.
4. Remain current in the field of pharmacoepidemiology and drug safety research through continued education.
5. Lead a multidisciplinary team in drug safety research studies.
6. Plan multiple scientific reviews focused on resolving issues with therapeutic biologic products.
7. Execute analytical research projects that assess the risks associated with the use of drugs and/or therapeutic biologic products.
8. Utilize computer software to prepare analysis of datasets.
9. Perform data analysis to evaluate findings by using statistical techniques.
10. Oversee the monitoring of awards for public health contracts, grants, and/or cooperative agreements.
11. Develop comprehensive reports of study results.
12. Prepare papers for publication in professional journals.
13. Provide technical advice in developing the criteria of a contract for scientific services.
14. Provide authoritative subject matter expertise in the evaluation of drug safety data.
15. Present epidemiologic data from research studies at professional meetings.
16. Advise on improving the limitations of data utilization methods.